Duck Lake Manifest Destiny
24 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Saraphine was just about to dig in when the sound of a quiet voice entered her ear. It surprised her, as the quiet thing had caught her off guard. However her surprise did not show other than a flash in her eyes, which the stranger would not see due to her facing the other direction. Speaker turned to see a pup, not even that old, emerge from the shadows of the foliage. The Speaker's heart slowed for a moment as she noticed a milky white eye decorated by a scar. The red wolf's heart went out to the stranger, unaware of the dark secrets that hid within the recesses of the pup's mind. The poor thing, to be crippled at such a young age. Still, it is better that she has time to learn from her handicap and learn to grow stronger from it.

Saraphine cocked her head curiously at the girl's question. Why would she think that? It struck her by surprise when she realized that uttering a prayer could indeed make one believe she was a priestess. She was religious, but she was no acolyte. She locked gazes with the Potema, her fiery golden eyes resourceful and contemplating, before she shook her head. "A Priestess? No. But a Speaker, yes. As a Speaker it is my duty to thank those who give their lives in order to sustain mine. For I am in tune with the afterlife closer than that of the living. The afterlife will hide no secrets from you when you acknowledge the grace of your prey or the power of your enemy and friend."

She looked down at the fowl, realizing why the pup was probably here. She looked up apologetically. "Did I ruin your hunt? I am sorry. I am willing to share if you would prefer?"
Messages In This Thread
Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 01, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Potema - July 01, 2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 01, 2015, 11:19 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Potema - July 02, 2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 02, 2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Potema - July 06, 2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 07, 2015, 07:47 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Potema - July 12, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 13, 2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Potema - July 15, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Manifest Destiny - by Saraphine - July 24, 2015, 03:01 PM