Redtail Rise Starting right now, I'll be strong
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Arion did not care that Reek was his beta and superior at that moment, he did not care that the ragged man's word was law. What right did he have to stop him from taking more Poppy? What damn right did he have to interfere with the Greek's life? It was his fault, Arion realized, it was all his fault that this was happening. If he hadn't met Reek in Dawnlark Plains and did not make their deal, then he would be off somewhere else, he wouldn't belong to Redtail Rise, he wouldn't be this....messed up. Don't think like that, Arion, it's your anger that's speaking, a familiar voice echoed in his head, he did not recognize it at that moment as he was boiling with anger and a touch of fear but later he would realize it was Chiron. His faithful companion and the one thing that tied him to the rest of the world, to humanity.

The golden male had vanished when they left Cerberus's Pavilion together, but occasionally his words would come back to the chocolate warrior. No one would ever replace him, but he had a few wolves now who acted in his role, he had other wolves who tied him to this world now. Reek was the main one, Saena was the other. They were the ones who stopped him from wandering off again, they were his new family and he cared for them even if he might not admit it. What he didn't know was that they cared, and so, despite being in this state, he found himself becoming rather touched at their concern.

Arion remained silent as Reek did his thing, telling him that it was time to stop while informing Saena about his habits. He was angry, he was furious, but he was tired too and weary of this world. And for a brief moment, he missed Krios, for his older brother had been the one wolf who had been like him, he had been the one wolf who understood him. But the titan wasn't here, and Arion was surrounded by those who did not understand.

The chocolate wolf's gaze drifted tiredly to Saena as she spoke to him, "I was always like this," he snarled. "I was always a junkie, way before I arrived in these Wilds. I never died did I?" Then his gaze softened, and he regarded both of them with a rare kind of gentleness in his eyes. "You don't understand," he continued in a softer tone. "You always had emotions, knew how to deal with them. I stopped myself from feeling, and now that I know I can't keep them all at bay...it's hard."'

And with that, Arion died no lol collapsed onto the ground, his left flank landing hard on the earth as he lost conscious. His breathing became shallow and irregular, if one ever came at all and his heartbeat slowed almost to a stop. Perhaps he really went over the edge this time.
Messages In This Thread
Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Saēna - June 15, 2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Arion - June 15, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Reek - June 15, 2015, 09:36 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Saēna - June 16, 2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Arion - June 17, 2015, 06:08 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Reek - June 19, 2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Saēna - June 24, 2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Arion - June 25, 2015, 02:26 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Reek - June 25, 2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Saēna - June 30, 2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Starting right now, I'll be strong - by Arion - July 02, 2015, 02:57 AM