Dawnlark Plains I'm so sorry. I thought you were the waiter.
judgement day
10 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Thank you for starting. :-)

The days had stretched on in a mindless blur to the Gladiator as he walked, his purpose fueling him to continue, to push himself until there was nothing left to push but exhaustion. Quetzalcoatl had given him a mission: deliver the news of her birth. When he had left her she had been quite rotund, her sides round with Five's growing children, looking like she was fit to bursting. Though she had mourned Tezcacoatl, she had looked happy, at least; the promise of her children soon to be born into the world lighting up the spark in her crystalline blue eyes. A pretty, tempered blue. Warmer than his own. Which gave to say, it was a warmer blue than the Old Queen's, which cut like sharp, icy knives with just a glimpse. He'd seen the Old Queen's stare give the strongest of Gladiators pause. He had departed weeks ago now, and after doing the quick mental math in his head he assumed that by now the Amazon Queen's children had been born into the world. Perhaps this time she would have learned her lesson. Perhaps this time she would be blessed with daughters instead of sons rose to arrogant status because of misplaced affection. There was nothing special about Tezcacoatl, there never had been; but he had joyous news to bring, nevertheless and did not allow the stinging and bitter thoughts of his nephew ruin his mood.

He had spent his first few days in the Wilds resting. He'd pushed himself in his haste to breach into Teekon Wilds, the importance of the message he carried bearing down upon him heavily. He was eager to please, and the mere thought of failing his mission was nothing short of disgraceful. It was not often that Gladiators were chosen to undertake things of such important but he was loyal. He knew his place, and after winning his battle against the Doctore, leader of the Gladiators beside Five, Skagos had proven himself capable of the mission. The favors the women gave him for his victories was something that the young Gladiator could easily get used to. Why not enjoy them while they were presented to him? If he lost, well his life would be taken, so he saw no reason not to take what was being given to him. 

It was only after sating his hunger that he headed out in search of Tezcacoatl, or Manauia. He was not sure which of Tezcacoatl's garrison had made it this far; and Skagos knew only what Quetzalcoatl knew: that Manauia was definitely with him and that the Pretender had been keen on claiming lands here. He'd been tracking a scent that had struck him as familiar for a while, knowing he recognized it despite being unable to fully put a face and name to it. He'd only hoped it was the right direction and not leading him astray. Frosted blue eyes lifted from his path, head rising from it's cant earth bound to at the sound of dirt being furiously up-heaved. Digging. Cautiously, Skagos followed the sound, a figure coming into view. “My lady,” Skagos called to her, affording her the obedience that he would any Amazon woman, unable to recognize her. Nevertheless, he sunk into submission, recognizing that she was his superior, whether she was stranger or not. It didn't matter. Serving women, and fighting for breeding rights, for sport and for their entertainment was all that he'd lived for.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm so sorry. I thought you were the waiter. - by Skagos - July 07, 2015, 04:40 PM