I could use someone like you
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Once their howls had died away, it wasn't long until the calvary arrived.  Bazi was the first to respond to their summons and Reek flashed her a terse smile.  Although the two were barely acquaintances, Reek wished he could have greeted her more warmly. Nevertheless an awkwardly forced smirk was all he was able to muster. But, given their previous conversation, Bazi would understand.

Second, came Kaskara.  Another acquaintance.  However, the warm feelings he held for Bazi didn't carry over to the beta.  No doubt Kaskara was friendly and a wonderful wolf, but Bazi had been in the right place at the right time... twice.  Then an unfamiliar male arrived, who Reek could only assume was Bazi's mate, Scimitar, that he had heard about from Arion in the way way back when they made their first poppy deal.  The way he carried himself was intimidating to say the least, causing Reek to bow his head in respect.

Reek listened in silence as Saena began their introduction; and while she got the social pleasantries out of the way, she left the meat of the conversation for Reek to provide.  He cleared his throat with a cough.  "Secondly," he began, picking up where Saena left off.  "We have some things we need to talk about." Reek paused and let loose a long sigh while he thought about how to properly phrase the news.  The issue with the Caldera had to be broken as delicately as possible, or a possible alliance would be out the window.  "We lost someone," he stated flatly; and while that tidbit of information had nothing to do with Nova Peak, Junior's disappearance was vastly important to the whole narrative. 

"We've recently gotten some new information," he continued as his voice became more morbid.  "Junior, Saena's sister— the one we lost.  She was killed by the wolves of Redhawk Caldera." The reasoning would remain left unsaid.  "Saena went to the Caldera on invitation and was brutally attacked by Fox for no reason.  They're out for blood."

"Recently, their wolves have been coming into the north uninhibited.  They aren't welcome here so we chased one out a few days ago.  The north needs to stay strong, stable.  These southerners are a threat to all who live in the north... So we have a proposal," he said, stopping to see if the wolves of the Peak would be willing to listen.
Messages In This Thread
I could use someone like you - by Saēna - June 22, 2015, 08:24 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Reek - June 22, 2015, 08:53 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Bazi - June 25, 2015, 03:59 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Kaskara - June 28, 2015, 11:34 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Scimitar - July 03, 2015, 12:59 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Saēna - July 07, 2015, 08:15 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Reek - July 07, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Bazi - July 16, 2015, 09:43 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Kaskara - July 21, 2015, 09:55 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Scimitar - July 27, 2015, 09:27 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Saēna - July 28, 2015, 06:58 AM