Frostfire Ridge She ain't going out like that
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I knowwww. :c But yay for character development? :3

Tezcacoatl had known that Manauia had never considered the Teekon Wilds home, for she had spoken it numerous times to him, but he couldn't deny that part of him had hoped that she would begin to see it as such. He supposed it was a feat easier said than done. Odinn's Cove had never been his home living first as Ragnar's prisoner and then in his shadow. He had itched to get away and had found his way here, and had made it his home; though if the old saying was to believed 'home was where the heart was'. Perhaps that explained his inability to leave these lands, even knowing the truth though he didn't remember much but wisps — though what he did remember was tainted at best. He couldn't tell if it was real or false and now with Manauia leaving he would have no one to affirm or deny it. He supposed, though, it was better. He had taken to calling himself Tezcacoatl and he would stick with it only to keep from causing confusion within his dwindling ranks but perhaps the truth was that he would never be Tezcacoatl again; but he certiantly no longer felt like he was Týrr. He was unknown. Ragnar's false memories, and the ghost of who he once was. He had no name, and no true identity; not until he made one for himself, perhaps. Or maybe Tezcacoatl would “come back” but if he did, it would always merge with Tyrr. They would always be one: the creation and the ghost.

“I see,” Tezcacoatl responded, and then paused. “You don't think Nochtli or Citali would do that? It was their mission as much as it was yours,” Tezcacoatl knew it wouldn't work but he tried anyway, because he truly didn't want her to go. His want to keep her there with him was selfish and he knew it, but he'd came to know her. He understood. It was a similar concept with his unability to abandon Tuwawi. He owed Tuwawi much and just as Manauia could not turn her back on Quetzalcoatl, Tezcacoatl could not turn his back on Tuwawi. “I understand,” He voiced with a softened edge to his tone. “I will not ask you to disrespect Quetzalcoatl by turning your back on her,” She was a friend, even if he couldn't remember her from before. “Is there anything I can do for you? Anything you need before you depart?” He inquired, wondering why he couldn't have acted this way when Nochtli and Citali had departed. Perhaps if he had, things would be different.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 07, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 09, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 11, 2015, 04:10 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 12, 2015, 11:17 AM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 14, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 17, 2015, 06:31 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 18, 2015, 07:01 AM