Moonspear Come back my love
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
He wasn't so certain what the female was asking about. Usually the question, "Who are you?" was appropriately answered with a name. He'd done one more and identified himself as the wolf Fitz had called for. If neither of those things were the answer she'd been looking for, she should have asked a more specific question. As such, he merely lifted a brow at her as he wondered if he'd made some kind  of mistaken in happening upon two hysterical wolves. FitzDutiful, rightly so as he seemed distressed over a missing someone. The female... it was hard to tell on first appearances, but he was striking her as one of those crazy sorts of females he generally steered clear of simply because they never made a lick of sense.

Staying silent, he pursued his suggestion of redirection; convince Fitz there was something better away from that pile of dirt and maybe the wolf would snap out of it. Fox barreled in head on, using her body to remove the silver wolf from his efforts before suggesting he do the same. He shook his head. He didn't need to body bump that wolf. Fitz was already slowing down and his body slumped when Fox shouldered him. The last thing Kero was going to do was crowd the wolf on top of his ever present misery.

Fitz spoke. That wasn't the right place. "No. It isn't," he said softly, taking a gentler approach, but confirming the silver wolf's doubts all the same. To that second part? He offered a soft grin and took a few paces back towards the pair of wolves. They didn't have to go there. They could stay here and– Well now. Seemed as if FitzDutiful just hit the "anger" category on the stages of grieving chart.

A female. A mother. Putting these clues together, he was going to take an intellectual leap and guess FitzDutiful's mate just walked out on him. Postpartum depression sprang to mind. It wasn't super common in females, but it wasn't entirely uncommon either. Some females had more trouble with their pregnancies than they cared to admit and didn't recover well in the aftermath or recover at all. If that was the case... it was likely safer for his family that she was out of the picture. He did not envy the wolf for having to father alone, but he had the support of his pack. He had no doubt, that as much as it was truly awful to experience the abandonment in this moment, it would be for the better in the long run.

"I'm sorry Fitz. That really sucks." An understatement. A vast understatement, but it was all he'd say in this moment. He didn't know the wolf he spoke of, so he could not promise whether Tonravik, Kroc or himself would accept the wolf into the Spine, but from what he knew of Silvertip, he doubted the female he spoke of would be a suitable fit. "How are the kids taking it?" Did they know? Were they still sheltered from the news and oblivious in their innocent little worlds? Was the pack stepping in to help? He hoped so. A heavy weight had fallen onto his friend's shoulders. FitzDutiful would need all the support he could get.
Messages In This Thread
Come back my love - by FitzDutiful - June 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: Come back my love - by Iqniq - June 24, 2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Come back my love - by RIP Fox - June 26, 2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Come back my love - by FitzDutiful - June 28, 2015, 06:41 AM
RE: Come back my love - by Iqniq - June 28, 2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Come back my love - by RIP Fox - June 30, 2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Come back my love - by FitzDutiful - July 01, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Come back my love - by Iqniq - July 01, 2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Come back my love - by RIP Fox - July 02, 2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Come back my love - by FitzDutiful - July 13, 2015, 07:30 AM
RE: Come back my love - by Iqniq - July 13, 2015, 12:35 PM