Frostfire Ridge She ain't going out like that
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Tezcacoatl could feel the soft frown pull at the corner of his lips. He couldn't claim to be happy about her depature but he wouldn't stand in her way, either. What kind of friend would that make him (if one could consider the two of them 'friends')? More so what kind of man would that make him? Already, he'd proven time and time again that he was a poor one and whatever hatred and desperation that had been fueling the Rekkr had begun to burn itself out, to dissapate until there was nothing left but emptiness. Perhaps this ...all of it was a fool's errand; yet he would fight for it, tooth and nail. He had promised that he would give Tuwawi a better future than life had thrown at her thus far and he intended to see good to his promise even if it killed him. As a captain would sink with his ship, Tezcacoatl, too, would see Frostfire Ridge to it's end whether it was much sooner than he'd arrogantly anticipated, or if their luck took a turn for the better than it built itself it's own legacy and hung on past his creeping doubts.

He was silent, having nothing much to say in this situation. Manauia went to bat for her sisters and Tezcacoatl felt his frown twist into a scowl. He didn't intend it towards her, but towards the fact that she defended them. In a way, he understood and in a way he also saw it how he saw it. “They didn't give me much of a chance though, did they? Or at least that's how it seems. They tried to push me into becoming Tezcacoatl which ended up in a giant mess; neither of us wanted to hear what the other had to say.” He did not want to dwell upon it, and certiantly did not want to argue with her over it when he would see her what was likely to be for the last time.

“I'm sorry to see you go,” Tezcacoatl admitted shamelessly. “but I wish you speed and luck; and I hope that my mother will see you back to the Rise.” Tezcacoatl offered a slight twitch of his lips upwards thought the gesture did not reach his eyes. “Will you take care of her for me?” Perhaps it was a ignorant thing to ask of her, surely the Queen Amazon did not need anyone to take care of her. Still, he figured that even the most capiable Queen needed someone to keep her in line every now and then. He couldn't claim that he loved Quetzalcoatl for he did not remember much of her, but the knowledge that he had likely once loved her very much had driven him to speak the words even if it would earn him her scorn.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 07, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 09, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 11, 2015, 04:10 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 12, 2015, 11:17 AM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 14, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Manauia IA - July 17, 2015, 06:31 PM
RE: She ain't going out like that - by Tezcacoatl - July 18, 2015, 07:01 AM