will get what you deserve
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
"Are they not allies?" Sveinn asked as he glanced towards the tall, far-away mountain. Njal did not know what to say. He was not entirely aware of any animosity between the packs, aside from Jinx's foray in to their territory - a story which reached his ears pretty quickly. He knew of Xi'nuata now, and her allegiance with the vale wolves. That fact told him they were not harmful, but he had no real knowledge of it. Njal looked to the mountain as well, as he ruminated over the question. "No, but I do not believe we are enemies yet either."

Yet. That may require further explanation. The silver man quietly looked to Sveinn's dark features, watching him while he was distracted for any sign of interest. Then, he took it upon himself to give full disclosure; the boy was a part of the pack after all, there was no point in keeping things secret. "The vale wolves in the mountains sent a greeting party to our door, which our leader Fox did not appreciate. Following that, one of our own wolves caused a fuss within their territory, from what I've heard. I was not present for these altercations," He admitted with a small shrug, and then turned away from the mountains. "And I have yet to seek out proper answers." But really, if he hadn't been there when these things occurred, what was his business asking?

As the pair trekked along, Njal led the boy along the riverside. His mind was elsewhere, only returning when Sveinn asked him about his northern home; and this caused him to slow his pace a little. They walked side-by-side while Njal walked down memory lane. "I am from a faraway place in the deep north. It is called Markart Pik-" He hesitated. Feeling the sounds of his motherland upon his tongue was a small shock to his system; one that Njal made sure to recover from quickly. "Markarth Peak." He corrected in English, as a small smile slid over his features. There was a lack of enthusiasm in his eyes though, showing off a subtle hurt. "I miss the ice fields, and the fresh snow in spring upon the mountain. It has been a long time."

With a soft sigh, Njal began to pick up his pace. He did not want to linger on thoughts of his family for too long - but wasn't about to curtail the conversation either. It was nice, in a bitter-sweet sort of way, to be talking about them again. "And where do you hail from? Your nickname - that is the old tongue, isn't it?" Much like the name that Tuwawi and himself had so recently assumed. Njal hadn't realized just how desperate he was for a reminder of home in this place. Even if Swiftcurrent was his home now, a few reminders of the north were always welcome.

Messages In This Thread
will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 15, 2014, 04:32 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by RIP Njal - March 15, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 15, 2014, 05:43 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by RIP Njal - March 15, 2014, 06:55 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 15, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by RIP Njal - March 15, 2014, 11:03 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 16, 2014, 07:54 AM
RE: will get what you deserve - by RIP Njal - March 16, 2014, 03:15 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 17, 2014, 02:36 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by RIP Njal - March 17, 2014, 03:50 PM
RE: will get what you deserve - by Tezcacoatl - March 18, 2014, 07:29 AM