Redtail Rise And I hope that you'll remember me
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Upon returning to the rise from their trip to the plateau, Reek had been exhausted with a capital E. The prospect of a good night's rest was the first order on the raggedy alpha's agenda. While all signs pointed to a brewing storm on the horizen, Reek thought little of it and quickly drifted off to sleep with his lover by his side. For the hours Saena watched in worried anticipation... Reek slept like a rock, blissfuly ignorant of what was to come. Storms came and went, leaving the rise no worse for ware than it had been before.  Nothing suggested that this summer squall would be any different.

Well, until. Reek stirred as Saena frantically nudged him awake, causing him to tiredly grumble, "Nooooo babe— it's too early," in a sleepy stupor. "We can do it in the morning," he continued teasingly, misjudging the situation as always... What else could it have been? Judging from past experience, that seemed the likely answer.  But, frisky thoughts were soon pushed from Reek's head when he noticed the smell of smoke.

It took awhile to fully register what was actually going on in his tired haze. Saena had already made her way out of their hideaway in a frantic blitz and Reek followed slowly behind, passing though the waterfall and into the the shallow pool of water beside his lover.  With eyes wide from panic, Reek tried to speak, but no noise came.  Shock gripped the rangy alpha as he stared out helplessly as the flames began to consume the place they called home. Trees crackled and snapped like toothpicks in a squall... only to be reduced to ashes.

"W—where?" he croaked, eyes transfixed on the flames in the distance as the spread from tree to tree.  His legs remained firmly rooted to the spot, unable to turn away.
Messages In This Thread
And I hope that you'll remember me - by Saēna - July 19, 2015, 09:26 AM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Reek - July 19, 2015, 08:14 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Arion - July 20, 2015, 08:09 AM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Saēna - July 20, 2015, 09:54 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Reek - July 21, 2015, 07:10 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Arion - July 22, 2015, 08:23 AM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Saēna - July 31, 2015, 07:41 AM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Reek - August 04, 2015, 08:29 PM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Arion - August 08, 2015, 05:07 AM
RE: And I hope that you'll remember me - by Saēna - August 15, 2015, 04:28 PM