Swiftcurrent Creek To Hold and Ocean
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
MY HEART. my poor heart. you are putting it through the ringer.

The Northerner's wife made a beeline for the door, rushing to find Njal any fiber of meat to sate his hunger and give him energy, unaware that his stomach retched with discomfort at the thought of food. Unexpectedly, his limbs clasped her hind, willing Tuwawi not to leave his side — and who was she to disagree? The look on his face was heartbreaking. A turbulent mixture spiked by his disfiguring injury. Despite this he seemed in good spirits, even when he pressed his face against her leg a small smile managed to slip forth. 'Don't —' he pleaded, 'I can eat later. See? I'm cold. Stay.' Tuwawi blinked a few times, stupefied by his request; unsure if she should do what he wanted, or what he needed. Luckily this time, they were one in the same.

Her expression, still spun with worry, softened as her gaze traced his tired eyes. She slumped to the ground and shuffled back to his side, intertwining their limbs until they became ensnared in each other's embrace. Gently, Tuwawi groomed the hair across his nape before settling her skull over one of Njal's forelegs. Indeed, he was chilled — a vast difference from the fever that riddled him the night prior. "I will stay," she mumbled, dreams finding her easily in the dim, warm light that flooded their den. But they would not take her yet.

For now she could only reflect on the thought of losing Njal to something other than wanderlust. Admittedly, the scarlet woman had never considered it before — and it frightened her. Where Njal thought of Spring and life, Tuwawi could only ruminate over death. This sentiment mirrored itself upon her face, and cast a pall over her brows. Fear didn't even begin to touch the subject... and what if they had children? What then? Tuwawi had always thought herself a strong woman, but now she was shrouded in doubt. Yet the glow in her husband's watchful eyes helped deter this fear and keep her grounded.

Fondly, the ember licked at his sturdy paw while her silver eyes welled. Yet, the tears were blinked away as her motions slowed to a stop... sleep taking her once again.
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Messages In This Thread
To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 16, 2014, 11:10 PM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by RIP Njal - March 16, 2014, 11:33 PM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 16, 2014, 11:53 PM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by RIP Njal - March 17, 2014, 12:04 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 17, 2014, 12:37 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by RIP Njal - March 17, 2014, 12:54 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 17, 2014, 01:17 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by RIP Njal - March 17, 2014, 01:26 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 17, 2014, 01:45 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by RIP Njal - March 17, 2014, 01:54 AM
RE: To Hold and Ocean - by Tuwawi RIP - March 17, 2014, 02:11 AM