«Return of the Shadow Sire»
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade barked out a genuine laugh.
Not for him getting a questioning stare of his story, nor for the reminder of his status as a deceitful piece of shit, but because the one who was supposed to be alpha of this pack had allowed such a word as 'sisterpack'  to leave his maw. 
Then Slade moved in for the kill.

"Burke, my Brother, what is this nonsense you speak? A Sisterpack? There is no such thing in the shadows of BlackFeather, and if there is, I may have taken the wrong turn to reach the place I once defended as home. If BlackFeather had a sisterpack, there would be no Brotherhood. Such is in the will of Sithis, that the Brotherhood remain pure and solitary in its form of prosper, and that form is without ties to weaknesses, such as an alliance."

A fiery hell burned in the stare of Slades gems, almost underworld in its like. 
This male tried to take him for a fool. 

"How do you think I kept alive through my rogue debauchery, Burke? I am a Nightmare. I use other's lies against themselves, and slowly whittling away their own psychological feeling of safety. Meldresi had no inclusion of alliance, for she hordes those with  dark gift to her cove of assassins. US, Burke. So if you dare believe in any chance of me taking her willingly LEAVING her family, her pack, her everything for a field trip to a 'SisterPack' that she was against even as I was on her side as a fellow leader, and the one of the first three Dark Brothers ever betrothed in the Family of the Brotherhood, then my friend, you are fatally mistaken. "

Slades bear-like ruff fur, longer than the rest of his pelt besides his banner, swayed from the tension of the muscles underneath the ethereal pelt of shadow, nearly making his appear as though midnight hued wisps were emanating from his shoulder, a cape of furred darkness.

The deep baritones the male spoke in dropped to a dangerous low, the sound the former Alpha of the Nightmares used to warn his company of their swiftly closing passageway to his reasoning, and the sound others who weren't as lucky swore was the voice of a wrath-fueled demon, the last voice they heard before perishing from the wounds he had inflicted them with, personally. 

"Burke, as much as you would like to be skeptical of me, I dare you to look into my eyes, and give the exact number of fucks that I give, because I guarantee you would give up from such a fruitless search. I am not here to join this pack. Especially if the shit you have dutifully informed me is in fact, true. I seek no forgiveness for my sins. I wear them as warmly as my own skin. What I do is what I do best, and that is leaving no survivors."

A sense-disabilitied small rodent scurried just in front of Slade, before realizing its mistake too late. Without taking his eyes off of Burke, Slade placed a massive webbed ebony paw on the skull of the retreating rat, and crushed it, without blinking. 

"Burke, I called you Brother not from the sense of the Brotherhood, but for the sliver of closeness I managed to weave between you and I. It is not just a title in my eyes. You can have Alpha. You can have Dark King. You can have Father. But you will have Brother, and because of me, that title will actually bear a meaning. Do you understand me?"

The scruff on the Shadow Sires back began to recede, his cape of hide lowering closer to his flexing thickly toned back. His voice had then changed considerably, as of that second. It softened. If he hadn't have been focused, he would have laughed at such are occurrence.  

"I am your traitor, your liar, your deciever, your conniver, your backstabbing Brother. But that is what I am. Your Brother. And I am here to do what will make what is plaguing this land, you, the pack, Meldresi, right again, whether I am or not a member of this damned pack."
Messages In This Thread
«Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 23, 2015, 07:04 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Burke - July 23, 2015, 07:17 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 23, 2015, 08:03 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Burke - July 24, 2015, 07:16 AM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 24, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Burke - July 24, 2015, 12:59 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 24, 2015, 02:11 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Burke - July 26, 2015, 06:57 AM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 26, 2015, 12:34 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Burke - July 26, 2015, 01:13 PM
RE: «Return of the Shadow Sire» - by Slade - July 26, 2015, 04:15 PM