Blackfoot Forest I sense a darkness in you...
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
A barely audible 'whoosh' on the Queens left in the forest, and the fox that nearly grabbed her left hind, had lost its life with a muffled squeak, and an wet crunch. 

The shadow sire hid his volcanic stare from view, and kept silent track of the dark priestess and her undeterred pursuers through uncanny sound, alone.

He had to remain hidden, using her as a distraction, to lure the foxes out, and murder them. One by one. 
A pitter patter of tiny paws through the deceased trees, racing unknowingly past his statue form, but directly for her. 

Slade took a single full stretched leap, his left hind paw catching mongrel by the tail, and his right fore paw made purchase at the back of its neck, another sickening crack ringing throughout the land of death. 

The advancing fox on Meldresi's right stopped in its place, nose visibly twitching in the air, after the second death of its small rogue band. As idiotic as it's reason for existence, it halted its stalk of her, and came to investigate the scene where the Nightmare no longer was, but has clear view of, the grimy and desperate ingrate sniffing its former fellow attacker, now a potential meal. Just as it made up its mind to feast on the easy kill, Slade padded up to the oblivious fox, twin portals of Hell relevant in his eyes. 

A third and final grinding snap, followed by a moist thud, penetrated the air. 

Slade didn't bother licking the blood from his muzzle, for it would only fuel his thirst. A thirst for death. A desire for vengeance. As always, he would bide his time.
The Dark King had a mission to complete.

He took his time navigating through the well dead tree remnants, and soon got onto the travelers path, behind the cautious Queen. A few strides later, and he walked side by side with her.
Messages In This Thread
I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 24, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Slade - July 25, 2015, 12:51 AM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 25, 2015, 04:12 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Slade - July 26, 2015, 12:52 AM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 26, 2015, 05:35 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Slade - July 26, 2015, 07:00 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 27, 2015, 07:26 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Slade - July 27, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 28, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Slade - July 28, 2015, 10:34 PM
RE: I sense a darkness in you... - by Meldresi - July 29, 2015, 10:54 AM