Come back home to me
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
The difference in greeting did not go unnoticed to Cicero. He had always thought that Burke considered all of them his children, and even though he did not see Burke as his father, Cicero did not think he was looked upon different. While the adolescent watched Burke tackle Damien to the ground and shower Potema with kisses. Cicero was not certain what to do with this information as of yet, but it was clear to him that something was different with him. He wondered to himself if it was that he was too dark or distant himself for Burke -- although Cicero had always thought that pretending by forcing small talk was unnecessary when it came to his family -- or perhaps it was that he was not quite dark enough.

It was for the first time that Cicero felt a rift between himself and Burke, with whom he had discussed personal details of his life. Had he a similar question now, Cicero would not know where to turn, for Burke, at the time, had seemed like the only safe option. It was not that Cicero thought Burke would tell his secrets to others; it was more that he did not feel Burke wished to carry such a burden for him, now, as he was obviously the least favoured of the three children. It pained him that things had gone the way they did -- although he did not harbout any anger for it, for things simply went as they did in life -- but he did not express it. Perhaps if one would take the time to look upon his face, they would notice there was something bothering him, underneath his stoic mask.

At times, it felt like Damien was the only anchor that still held him tightly rooted to Blackfeather Woods.

Cicero was distracted from his personal deductions of his familial ties when Burke mentioned that Grimnir and Lusa had had children. His eyes sought out Damien's, and it seemed his brother had the same idea, as they instantly looked upon each other. Cicero considered whether this would make their task at hand easier or harder. It did not matter much to Cicero, for he was focussed on his goal, but he feared Damien might want to strike at Grimnir's children to get to the man himself.

Cicero imagined Damien was biting his tongue for Burke's remark about Grimnir not allowing them close. They were, after all, 'the princes and princess of Blackfeather Woods'. What idiocy that they would not be allowed to see pups of the pack, borne out of a traitor. Cicero held his tongue and remained in brooding silence.
Messages In This Thread
Come back home to me - by Burke - July 05, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Come back home to me - by Potema - July 06, 2015, 09:27 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Damien - July 07, 2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Cicero - July 08, 2015, 03:25 AM
RE: Come back home to me - by Burke - July 08, 2015, 04:24 AM
RE: Come back home to me - by Potema - July 08, 2015, 05:49 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Damien - July 24, 2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Cicero - July 25, 2015, 04:54 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Burke - July 26, 2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Come back home to me - by Potema - July 27, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Come back home to me - by Damien - July 31, 2015, 01:41 PM