Hoshor Plains Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood...
160 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Rakharo will need help to move the remains. And also a Dosh Khaleen to perform a burial ceremony. So maybe @Awazzi can join me here?

The beep was still loud in his ears. It had not ceased to haunt him ever since that lightning almost cracked him apart the night of the storm. It had been devastating, but that was too litytle a word for what the storm had done, and Rakharo didn't even know it.

The biggest fear Rakharo had was not knowing whether Zhavvi had made it to a safe place before the diluvium, and after that, he was worried for the safety of Vitihi and Lavakho, who hadn't been seen during or after the storm. The female was supposed to mate him soon, and Lavakho, his own brother, had finally been appointed as Bloodfang by Rakharo's side, and he was not there.

The grass had turned into a black patch in the middle of the Kintla Flatlands. Fire, started by the lighting strikes, had consumed half of the prairies and cornered both the pack and the bison away from eachother. It would be a priority to find whatever remained of the herds, and to drive it back to safety. But for now, the first thing Rakharo wanted to do was to gather his pack again.

The golden Khal feared that the fire had been too much a danger to avoid, and the black patches of ash that were left behind was the first place Rakharo hit to search for him followers. Some places were still on fire, wheezing away whatever was left of the life the place once had. Columns, and large clouds of smoke had replaced the grass and the ocassional tree, and from time to time, a burned corpse cracked under Rakharo's heavy walk. But all of them were too small to be mistaken by a wolf. Maybe a coyote here and there, and a fox in the distance. Rakharo's eyes were scanning the floor cautiously, but when they caught sight of a larger bumb ahead he knew that it was no Coyote or Fox. His heart stopped for a moment. This was a wolf. This was one of his own.

Rakharo ran, leaving behind him a cloud of ash and dust, and when he reached the corpse he had to do little to identify who was its owner. So large. He was so large.

The Khal just stared, his mind blank, his heart back to racing.

This was his brother.
Messages In This Thread
Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Rakharo - July 28, 2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Awazzi - July 29, 2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Awazzi - August 03, 2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Rakharo - August 04, 2015, 12:46 PM
RE: Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Zoratto - August 05, 2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Dust to the wind, Blood of my blood... - by Awazzi - August 17, 2015, 06:42 PM