Swiftcurrent Creek all of my holy
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
It was a strange thing, this loss in her. Her previous scuffles had resulted in injuries that pained her, but her external pain now was largely unnoticed. She limped at times when her scabs stretched and split, washing her chest and the insides of her legs with blood and transparent pus whenever they did, but she hadn't acknowledged the pain that the cat's claws had caused. Internally, she was ruined; aborting the pups so unnaturally had ravaged her body, so much that she would likely never bear a litter again. She was unaware of that and the internal ache she constantly felt, too, unfeeling of anything but the acute sense of loss.

Despite being the world's worst candidate for mother, the instinct was very real in Jinx, and the inability to successfully birth them struck a deep, lasting wound.

Neither she nor Fox said anything, and when Lecter arrived, Jinx was devoid of her usual joyful reaction. She watched them dully, for the moment not interested in their concern for her... Their pity was unwelcome. It wasn't pity that the Kesuk warrior needed. She needed a replacement for the sacrifice she had lost, someone to give to the Dark Lord, someone willing...

Her mind surfaced from its dark, self-imposed prison long enough to see the wolves departing. She hadn't quite heard what they said, having mentally distanced herself from her physical body to heal and mend the loss that beat at her emotions. Whatever they were doing, Jinx fell in behind them after a lengthy pause to let them get ahead, stalking them like a silent spirit, unsure why she followed or what she would say if they asked. Perhaps she would say nothing, and just continue on past them in that eerie stupor... Or perhaps she would open her mouth and scream, and let all her anguish flow out and surround them. Perhaps she would just stop and stare, as she had initially.

Whatever the case, the empty Jinx followed.
Messages In This Thread
all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 18, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 18, 2014, 09:42 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 19, 2014, 01:27 AM
RE: all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 19, 2014, 11:52 AM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 19, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 19, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 19, 2014, 05:28 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 20, 2014, 08:58 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 23, 2014, 04:23 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 09:33 PM