Blacktail Deer Plateau Sometimes you're the train, sometimes you're the track
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It seemed Malachi had some questions, if hesitant ones.  Dante tried to appear encouraging, nodding and keeping his gaze attentive.  He was not disappointed by this need for answers - quite the opposite really.  It was good to know where they stood.

He kept quiet, patient as his packmate sorted out where he wanted to start.  Finally he managed it, asking for an introduction to the problem.  The background was one he'd been made to speak of often these past few days, but he did not mind going over it once more.  It was asked so tentatively that he cast an encouraging look before beginning.

"Peregrine and Fox, who now lead the Caldera, were once rules of this Plateau. When they left, their hasty departure stirred up hard feelings, and those feelings redoubled on both sides over time." Dante frowned. "Much of that is in the past now, but recently, one of our previous packmates was killed on Caldera lands. Peregrine's own daughter. She was troubled, and her actions seem to have brought the death upon herself, but it still is not an easy thing to accept. We were at one time family, and Lasher, Blue, and I still saw her as such." His ears tipped back. "We don't want trouble, and I don't think the Caldera does either. Yet there is the slightest possibility that they will assume we wish revenge and strike first. I wished to make you all aware of that."

He looked for confusion or doubt in the other's expression as he finished, wondering if he had answered what Malachi wished or if more explanation was needed. "It is highly possible, and I would almost say probable, that nothing will happen. But I'm a wolf who thinks caution and clarity are best." He would not hide such a thing on the hope it would blow over as nothing. Thinking back to his encounters with Wildfire, and her lack of aggression towards her northern associates, that hope was growing more and more with each day passing. One less worry that preyed upon his mind, and a welcome relief, for he had plenty of shadows to deal with besides.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes you're the train, sometimes you're the track - by Dante RIP - August 16, 2015, 09:48 PM