Phoenix Maplewood oblivion
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Same. I swear, Arion's writing himself/

Arion turned to look at her and cocked his head slightly, "Do you want me to lead you there now?" he asked her with a grin which only grew wider when she raised an eyebrow and told him that there wouldn't be any room for both of them and that it was all his. He scowled and pouted playfully for a moment, before lifting a shoulder in a shrug. "Come on, Citali," he said, "I'll be lonely. All alone in such a big clearing. A clearing that can house at least ten wolves...and I'm living alone there. Even someone like you should have sympathy right? I mean, even I have some sometimes." Arion hesitated for a fraction of a second then before continuing in a matter-of-fact tone. "You're a better person than I, so it's impossible for you not to have compassion."

Somehow his sarcastic words had steered to this direction. Don't ask him how that happened, because even he did not know. Arion swallowed, cursing himself internally for being so stupid and spitting all the words that come in his head without filtering it. But then, when had Arion ever filtered his words? Never. So why was he moaning about it now? It wasn't like he was insulting her, in fact, he was complimenting her. So why in the name of the gods of Olympus was he yelling at himself for not filtering words? Seriously, it was stupid. Reek and Saena must have influenced him more than he thought. Arion wasn't going to let it happen anymore. Not in a thousand years.

The two of them wandered through the forest, pissing here and there to show their claim of this forest. Their momentary silence was companionable and comfortable, at least, in Arion's mind. So he relaxed, falling into a familiar pattern of walking and marking and listened quietly to the familiar chirping of birds, the rustle of leaves, the steps of the animals scuttling by. He inhaled the fresh scent of prey, and for once, appreciated something about Phoenix Maplewood: that this forest had plenty of food

"Well, all the better then," Arion said, focusing on the path in front of them, the only indication that he had heard what she said was the subtle swivel of his ears. "I'll just pester you with excuses another day, you should be glad that I'm not conjuring a million of those right now." He told her calmly when he stopped to put his mark on another tree and moved on once more, enjoying the sounds of the forest.

"Okay then,"
was all Arion said when she said that Frostfire Ridge was really that bad of a pack. "I'll take your word for it." If Citali said Frostfire was terrible, then it some way, however big or small it was, there had to be something bad about it. The brown healer wasn't exactly the least bias of wolves, so the Greek knew he couldn't trust everything she said about it, but he knew that if she hated it so much she refused to dwell on it, then it must have been bad, somehow.

"Man," Arion made a face when Citali said that it was time to make new memories. "I didn't know you were this sappy. I would expect to hear someone like Reek say that; it's his kind of thing. But I never thought you'll say something like that," he allowed himself a smirk which grew serious when the initial amusement faded away. "But..uh...thanks anyway," Arion said awkwardly, not really knowing what to say after her sentimental sentence and decided to remain silent.

Perhaps others would think it was strange of him to tell her to enjoy life at its fullest when he was sulking about having to live in a forest but it wasn't strange for him. Arion didn't really care about himself, it wasn't extreme selflessness, it was just that he believed he didn't really matter. Obviously, he still cared about himself; everyone did, he just cared less...y'know. Arion lived life in the way he wanted to live life without caring about himself because as far as he was concerned, he didn't need to. It was hard to explain, so the Greek usually refrained from touching that topic at all, given the fact that he wasn't completely sure about it himself. What he knew was that he wanted her to lighten up and stop being so....stiff and awkward and stuff....

"Okay, Cita it is," Arion shrugged, focusing his attention on her answer to his next question. The stallion met her gaze when she stared at him for a long time with her piercing silvery blue eyes before she answered truthfully, which he was glad about and it showed in the appreciative gleam in his eyes. Arion's brows creased into a frown when she told him that she was an acquired taste. "No, you're not." he countered quickly. "I like you," he continued in a matter-of-fact tone, not realising what others would assume when they heard it because that wasn't what he meant. What the Greek meant was that he didn't think she was a terrible wolf to be with and that others should be more appreciative of her and that he didn't hate being with her. "I think you're good company," then Arion smiled genuinely. "Not everyone can match me word with word. Thanks for....helping me....relax..today."
Messages In This Thread
oblivion - by Arion - August 01, 2015, 11:46 PM
RE: oblivion - by Citali - August 02, 2015, 03:46 AM
RE: oblivion - by Arion - August 02, 2015, 07:42 AM
RE: oblivion - by Citali - August 03, 2015, 12:17 AM
RE: oblivion - by Arion - August 04, 2015, 04:54 AM
RE: oblivion - by Citali - August 06, 2015, 11:42 AM
RE: oblivion - by Arion - August 08, 2015, 05:30 AM
RE: oblivion - by Citali - August 09, 2015, 02:36 PM
RE: oblivion - by Arion - August 10, 2015, 04:45 AM
RE: oblivion - by Citali - August 12, 2015, 05:56 PM
RE: oblivion - by Arion - August 17, 2015, 08:47 AM