Horizon Ridge HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes
now known as<br><strong>OBSIDIAN KESUK,</strong><bR>amnesiac
59 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
Apologies for the delay. Despite stepping down as leader I'll be seeing this hunt thread to its finish, so no worries. =) Next round begins 3/30.

To their respective places they went, and in their respective roles they would act. Akhlut was too focused on the hunt to catch Kisu's sidelong glance or think anything about the judgement he might find in the other wolf's eyes if he had. Instead the Alpha's pale blue eyes sought out the distant forms of each of his subordinates as they maneuvered into position. The small family of deer continued to nibble on seaweed or drag their noses curiously through the damp sand, the continuous ocean breeze carrying wolf-scent away from them.

Akhlut could make no motion or sound that would both be seen or heard by his fellow hunters and not be detected by the ungulates that were their prey, and so he could only trust that the were ready for him as he sent a sharp glance to Kisu that said clearly, let's go. He began to run, his every muscle tense for rapid-fire movement, prepared to turn on a dime. Kisu should be behind him, Inkenoah somewhere off to their side, and Thistle Cloud and Bambi before them.

The deer scrambled, their small hooves and spindly legs entirely unsuited for running on sand, and fumbled over each other to flee from Akhlut's snapping jaws.
Messages In This Thread
HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Bambi - February 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Pied - February 27, 2014, 09:34 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - March 20, 2014, 07:31 PM