Flycatcher Downs Sometimes being too courageous is a problem
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alastor was taken aback, and rightfully so, by the seriousness of the woman's voice when she mentioned ghosts being real. He'd heard fables of ghosts, stories of heroes having to ward them off in order to accomplish their tasks, but the idea of the lost souls being real had never occurred to him. Fear, perhaps, was a motivator behind his beliefs, or rather, lack of. In stories, they were often spirits who seemed to make decisions and act with fooling others as their only purpose. In some tales, they'd even caused the death of those who once walked the earthly plane, simply because they had nothing to do, or because the living creature had unintentionally offended them. Believing they did not exist at all was, by far, more reasurring than acknowledging their existence. The way the woman worded her beliefs, however, got him thinking. Maybe spirits were real, and residing within every living thing on the planet. The thought was a troublesome one, but he did not wish to disregard it entirely. "I... I believe so," the boy started, paying careful attention to the way he worded his response. He did not wish to offend, after all. "I must admit that I never gave it much thought. Ghosts and spirits, they were only ever things in stories to me, but I never considered the possibility of them existing along side us." It was still strange for him to even consider that the living were not alone on the earth, but out of respect for others, he did not wish to rebuke the idea entirely.

When questioned about his leg, the male glanced down at it for a brief second, then returned his gaze to the stranger. He nodded when she voiced her first assumption, though paused in his motions when lightning was mentioned. "No, it wasn't lightning," he informed her. If it had been lightning that'd hit him, he had a feeling he wouldn't be speaking to her currently. "I was searching for shelter when the storm hit, and ended up being attacked by some rather large stones." Alastor felt lucky that they'd only injured his paw, as the damage done could've been far worse.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes being too courageous is a problem - by Alastor - August 21, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Sometimes being too courageous is a problem - by Echelon - September 03, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Sometimes being too courageous is a problem - by Alastor - September 23, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Sometimes being too courageous is a problem - by Echelon - September 30, 2015, 02:22 PM