Serpent Lake You smell like pine needles and you have a face like sunshine
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Unaware that another had arrived and was actively listening in, Reek continued on in his conversation with the youngster uninhibited. She went on to thank Reek for his actions, which in-turn surprised him due to the choice words he had to say to her father. On the other hand, Reek was already over it— perhaps the Redhawks were too. If it hadn't been for Junior, maybe the tension between the two packs would have faded away.

"Pine cones?" questioned Reek with an air of bemusement. Food allergies were one thing— easy to avoid once they were identified. But, pine cones were unavoidable no matter how hard one tried. Poor little Wildfire was in for a hard life with something like that following her around.  At least she was staying positive about it. "That's— Sorry to hear that," he sputtered in the hopes conversation wouldn't turn too negative.

Thankfully, their little chat took a much needed shift when she asked about the nature of his initial visit. "Oh no, I don't live near here at all," he began with as warm of a smile his homely face could muster. "I'm from way up north. I used to lead the pack living on Redtail Rise."  His brief stint as alpha of the rise before the storm may have been short, but it still totally counted in Reek's mind. "Well, until it burnt down," he finished after a long pause.

"Now we live in the Phoenix Maplewood. It's a couple days travel north of here. If you ever travel that way, stop by and say hello."  A youngster like her wouldn't be making any trips like that alone anytime soon... but the offer still stood, and perhaps it would be an effective avenue to quell the tension between both sides of the Sunspire Mountains. "But, I guess that doesn't explain why I made that trip down... and now, included. You know Pantaleimon? Of course you do. We used to be pack-mates a while back, before he started living with you— I had come to visit him before I was chased out, which is also why I'm here now."
Messages In This Thread
RE: You smell like pine needles and you have a face like sunshine - by Reek - August 22, 2015, 12:29 PM