scars
Lurker
236 Posts
Ooc — Noire
The sky was not as oppressive while in Wicked's presence. He pondered why. Malaise budded in his presence, displacing previous mental anxieties. Looking upon him now, the wolf seemed every bit as mortal as the Gamma; muscles moving in unison to like a well-oiled machine. This, too, was a comfort. A comfort that guided inflection easier now rather than minutes before.
INDENTUnder cover of night, it came upon us. Tempests, lightning, rain.” Stopping there, he ascended, beckoning the Epsilon to shadow him with a flick of his tail. “We resided upon a spine, you see. It was less mountainous than the one we're standing on now. It was heavily forested and numerous boulders littered the landscape. What with the strong winds and rain, the spine became treacherous. It was only going to get worse from then on.” What were they to do – hide away in their dens until the storm passed? That might have been an option...were it not for that godawful tornado. “It got so bad our leaders decided it best to relocate. We called for everyone, but the winds were so strong – it howled louder than we ever could.” Silence settled between them again. Tatsuya continued to climb even as he spoke, growing intermittent to catch his breath. The terrain here was far harsher than Ouroboros Spine.
INDENTWe broke up into separate groups. Tonravik led one group to safety. Iqniq, Nanuk and myself were tasked with finding those left behind. We all scoured the lands. Only one wolf was found.And now he's lost. Again. Perhaps forever.We tried to find the rest, but in that same moment, lightning struck a tree not far from where we were standing.Blinding, deafening. My tongue tingled and my ears rang afterwards.It started out as an ember, but it quickly grew into roaring flames despite the lashing winds.” What fueled it? One would think the residual energy left behind by the lightning strike had something to do with it. The memory of the air – hot, charged, crackling. Weaving across my skin in a million divergent paths.
INDENTSomber and wistful he then became. Not the happiest of moments to relive. “Ouroboros Spine was engulfed in flames. We escaped unscathed, seeking refuge within Moonspear; a sturdy mountain with interconnected caves. We waited out the storm and tornado there. After that, we were ordered to search for a new home and, well...here we are.” A pitiful ending to a riveting tale. He was never good with endings.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: warden_master.gif] [Image: healerMush.gif]
Messages In This Thread
scars - by Tatsuya - August 19, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: scars - by Wicked - August 19, 2015, 11:54 AM
RE: scars - by Tatsuya - August 19, 2015, 12:56 PM
RE: scars - by Wicked - August 19, 2015, 01:31 PM
RE: scars - by Tatsuya - August 20, 2015, 09:58 PM
RE: scars - by Wicked - August 21, 2015, 09:13 AM
RE: scars - by Tatsuya - August 23, 2015, 02:10 AM
RE: scars - by Wicked - August 23, 2015, 11:48 AM
RE: scars - by Tatsuya - August 24, 2015, 08:17 AM
RE: scars - by Wicked - August 24, 2015, 11:19 AM