Phoenix Maplewood and this is just losing
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
In true Arion fashion, he was quick to ruin her moment of triumph. He listed off a series of her shortcomings. "I never claimed to be good at any of those things," she assured him. "Directions and hunting are not my strong suit." There was a reason why Nochtli had accompanied her through the wilderness and it was largely in part because they complimented each other in that way. Nochtli could hunt and scout. Citali could tend to their travel sores and dig up herbs to curve off their hunger when food was scarce. It had been an effective system for them at the time.

"This garden however?" She paused, lowering her nose to inhale the fresh scent of a cluster of mint. She breathed deeply, pressing her eyes closed as she savored the pungent freshness before she lifted her head once more with a warm smile. "This is where I shine." The rows were neat. They were all freshly weeded. Not a plant tilted without her knowing about it. Not a bug touched a leaf without her finding it. Her pride was here. Her joy was here. All any wolf had to do was gaze upon her and they would know it.

She seated herself between the rows and looked to him. He seemed... somewhat at a loss for words. Had she put him on the spot? No matter. She had dozens of aimless questions to fill the air with lest it become stagnant from their silence. "Is it what you expected? My garden?" Her ears lifted, eager for a reply. "Does it... 'check out'?"
Messages In This Thread
and this is just losing - by Arion - August 30, 2015, 03:56 PM
RE: and this is just losing - by Citali - August 31, 2015, 10:23 AM
RE: and this is just losing - by Arion - September 02, 2015, 02:16 PM
RE: and this is just losing - by Citali - September 02, 2015, 04:55 PM
RE: and this is just losing - by Arion - September 03, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: and this is just losing - by Citali - September 04, 2015, 12:32 AM