And when I touched her skin, my fingers ran with blood
11 Posts
Ooc —
@Iluliaq first please!

The bloated silver moon overhead acted more as their guide than did the Northern star, rumored to lead the way. The road had been a long one; the siblings trudged onward nonetheless from lands of ice and snow to a place that seemed, from appearance alone, soft. The Northern siblings of Tartok stopped when hungry, scavenging when they could and hunting when they had the energy. They had moved to the Spine, having heard from a wolf of their branch—Razorback—that this was where they last lay before the storm. But that land was, from their investigation, no longer lived in. Even if one desired to live there, they could only survive on the swollen carcasses that smelled foul from their time in the sun. Iluq knew those could not be scavenged unless they desired to fall sick... and they could not afford that. Not when they had more traveling to do.

If they left this place, they would need to inform the branches—acting as outriders—that this one no longer existed. But first they would find out for sure. How could they do that? Iluq hadn't the slightest idea herself... she felt as though the odds were against them. These wilds smelled of so many, and Tartok shared information with so few. Only themselves, truly.

Iluq scouted the path of the storm, and brought her brother with her to follow it. Iluq honestly hadn't thought ahead to the point of thinking that this was where Tartok would go... she simply slipped into a lazy moment and knew this would be the easiest path to travel. Who knew what rest in the wreckage of the wilds? The territories were unsafe. The safest bet was to follow the trail, and see where it led.

Eventually, it led to Fairspell Meadow. They pushed through the land, ignoring any and all passerbyers as they spotted a mountain up ahead. "It will give us a good vantage point," Iluq knew... and, they were mountain wolves themselves. She would be more comfortable upon the rock than she was loamy, soft grass. So they pushed ahead... only to abruptly stop at the borders, where rock bled in an ugly formation across the grass, soft, lush green blades between them... but, the rocks had teeth on them. Even calloused paws might eventually bleed upon this, she determined with a scrunched brow. But a strong smell overwhelmed her...

This mountain was claimed. Something about the scent struck her as familiar... and she snorted. What could be familiar about this, other than the mountain itself? But Iluq paused, glancing to her brother, Iluliaq, wondering what he made of it. "Perhaps they will know what became of the Spine..." After all, the path did directly lead to here. The wolves of this mountain must have been asked the question half-a-dozen times to know what became of it, even if only by hearsay.
Messages In This Thread
And when I touched her skin, my fingers ran with blood - by Iluq - September 11, 2015, 03:12 PM