Silvertip Mountain Warm me up!
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason watched as she delved into the hollow without further ado. She was clearly happy with the surroundings. The young lad watched her tail swip out of view, to blend in behind the trailing branches just as he had suspected. A smile graced his lips, at the thought of finding her a home. Somewhere the only he (for now) and she knew about. A secret!

He caught a flash of green as she turned to gaze at him from the depths, calling out her views. Masons’s smile blossomed into a grin. He danced forwards, nosing aside a branch to dive in after her. It was only when he was suddenly in the confines, pressing himself against a side-tree in an attempt to stop his fur touching hers, that Mason realise the gravity of his error.

His heart had stopped beating, it seemed. In that moment he turned to look at her, expecting her to morph into something else. The moment passed; she remained Zaria. He was being silly. She looked cold and wet still. Mason let out his breath and visibly relaxed. He allowed himself to peel away from the wall, and turned so that he could stand next to her, looking out of the branches. The rain pattered away.

“Shall I teach you a song?” Mason began. It was a song he had created. His father wasn’t particularly musical, but Mason loved tones and rhythms. It seemed he was an inherently musical child. 

Suddenly he sat, his tail curling against his haunches, closed to her hind leg and he began. His voice rang out, lilting and clear. Muffled somewhat to anyone outside by the trailing curtain ahead, it still burgeoned around Zaria’s new home with ease. 

“When the rain comes out to play, 
And dances in the trees,
That is when the fur of wolves,
Is tickled by the breeze.

When the storm is dark and dim,
And the rain lashes our home,
Then we stay inside with family,
So we are not alone.”

That was all he had managed so far. It occurred to him she might not have caught a lot of the words but hopefully the melody was something she could enjoy. He stared stoically ahead, suddenly nervous about the reaction of the pretty wolf sat so close to him.
Messages In This Thread
Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 02, 2015, 05:49 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Mason - September 08, 2015, 03:02 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 08, 2015, 05:10 PM
RE: Warm me up! - by Mason - September 09, 2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 09, 2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Mason - September 10, 2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 11, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Warm me up! - by Mason - September 12, 2015, 04:58 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 12, 2015, 06:51 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Mason - September 17, 2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Warm me up! - by Zaria - September 17, 2015, 06:35 AM