Phoenix Maplewood I know the bowline, sheepshank, and the double overhand
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
For a wolf who hated hunting, Reek had done his fair share of it lately. Life changed dramatically once he brought the coyote pups back to to Maplewood, and while the mysteries of pseudo-fatherhood were slowing beginning to unravel around him, there was only one thing Reek was completely sure of: being a dad was hard work. Quickly, he realized he had bitten off more than he could chew, but he dared not show it.  They were his burden to bare after all.

Every waking moment was devoted to hunting in some fashion: either with the pack as a unit, or tracking small game for the pups individually. Lazy days were a thing of the past and Reek felt as if he hadn't properly slept in ages. After rubbing his tired eyes, Reek began his work by rooting around a rabbit warren in the hopes he could snatch one of the slow ones.  Teeth gnashed in the dirt, but the more he snapped, the more likely it was that there was nothing hiding in the darkness. He sighed, disappointed in his failure.  

Thankfully, his one man pity-party was cut short by his mate's howl. Not one, but two. Whatever she had found, it must have been important. Reek turned tail and loped his way toward the source of the call, passing both coyote pups in the process. "Wait here," he said as he peeked into the cluster of roots. "I promise, I'll bring you back something good." While he meant it wholeheartedly, his word was probably lost on the little ones, especially after what had happened with Saena.

He then pressed on a short distance and soon found himself at Saena's side. He let his eyes linger upon her face for a moment before looking back down at the ground. They hadn't spoken since their altercation at the boarder. It certainly wasn't the way he wanted to leave things with her, but he just couldn't find the time to talk to her the way he wanted to.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I know the bowline, sheepshank, and the double overhand - by Reek - September 22, 2015, 03:40 PM