Shy Deer Steppes Where am I headed too?
15 Posts
Ooc —
He lost track of Hiraku the moment the youngling broke into the brush, his entire world shifting to the duck. The duck was the morning and the evening star, it was food, it was survival, it was life, it was death. Everything Rowen was; compacted into this singular moment of life. Living only in the moment.

He was caught the slow motion of the ducks eyes sliding open, A mere nanosecond before the wings opened and the duck flailed to get out of the way. This action caused the young pup to miss its mark but Rowen could not pay any mind yet. His muscles already taught, sprung forward and tossed him into the brush, he connected with the ducks head and bit so hard and so desperately that he bit the head clean off. The body continued a lopsided journey to the ground a short distance off and Rowen nearly panicked until he realized he held something in his mouth that was extremely necessary for the continuation of life.

Stepping backward mindful of the smaller creature still in the grass, He dropped the head beside the reeds on the dry ground then leapt upon the body as it flipped around unsure of whether or not it was alive or dead yet.

It only took moments for the body to accept it’s fate and he returned to his ‘pup’ to find a sad wet mess.

He set the body next to Hiraku and ran his warm tongue along his twins red pelt helping to remove the excess of moisture. If Hiraku allowed it he’d continue to help groom the water off for a few moments until he was satisfied that he wouldn’t catch cold.

Rowen done grooming for the duration that he had been allowed; then quietly lay down and plucked feathers from the carcass with skill and speed. Afterward he pulled the belly open and nosed it toward Hiraku willing to let the ‘pup’ eat before himself. For it was the adults job to be sure pups were full and content first. Beside after what Hiraku went through he deserved first dibs

Rowen sighed and lay his head on his paws. His voice was deeper then one would expect for such a small wolf and his singular drawn out word seemed to hold a hint of perhaps a Scottish accent. Rowen He said simply, He was ashamed of his voice and very very rarely used it, and no one could convince him otherwise.  

imagine the voice of Goliath from the tv series Gargoyles

[Image: rowee_zpsz7fyacnu.png]
Messages In This Thread
Where am I headed too? - by Rowen - September 11, 2015, 09:35 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Hiraku - September 12, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Rowen - September 13, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Hiraku - September 13, 2015, 06:29 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Rowen - September 22, 2015, 04:41 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Hiraku - September 22, 2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Rowen - September 22, 2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Hiraku - September 22, 2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Where am I headed too? - by Rowen - September 22, 2015, 09:50 PM