Frostfire Ridge I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
She wandered and roamed as she spoke of her history in this place. His questions were pointed and fair, a touch intelligent too which made her think all the more highly of him. "I couldn't say," she admitted when asked if Tyrr or Tezcacoatl (as they were one and the same) ever remembered who he was. "When we called him by his original name he eventually adopted the name back, but he was still only ever a shadow of the wolf we knew. He was not the same. I'm not sure he ever could be." She hadn't lingered long enough to find out. They'd given up fairly quickly. Truthfully, after wandering in the wilderness for as long as they had, Citali hadn't wanted to live on this mountain and certainly not beneath the rule of a male.

A prideful smile began to form upon her lips as he inquired as to what the Amazons were. "A pack of females lead by more females," she was quick to answer. It was the simplest explanation there was. Of course, that question always led to another which she answered before it could be asked. "We keep males for sport and reproduction purposes only, but otherwise there is no reason for them." She glanced over her shoulder. Perhaps this explained a great deal more as to why she'd been so snobbish to her present company. "We're warrior women, truthfully. All skilled and talented in a variety of things, but as for culture. The Queen alone rules. That said, I'm sure you can only imagine how controversial it was when her son ran away here, forgot who he was, then expected my sisters and I to support him in ruling. It simply isn't the way of things."

At his last question, she glanced at him thoughtfully for a moment without breaking stride as they continued on their way. "Not much. No. Duty and obligation does not leave much room for sentiment. Truthfully my life is made all the easier thanks to his absence." Selfish thoughts, but reality all the same. Her eyes were for the here and now and the task at hand. She saw no value in looking back on the past unless it were to seek insight for the future.

She'd meant it when she said the top of the rise wasn't too much further. Here, the forest thinned as the ground became harder and rockier. Soon they would be free of the trees entirely, but from this height she could already begin to get a better view of the valley below. "Enjoying the view yet?" she asked as she turned her gaze through the lingering trees towards the distance.
Messages In This Thread
I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him - by Citali - September 08, 2015, 12:09 AM
RE: I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him - by Citali - September 27, 2015, 02:35 PM