Frostfire Ridge I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
To say her Amazon culture was different would have been an understatement. It was certainly backwards from most heritages out there, she was discovering, but it was the way she was raised and it was the way she knew. As something of an old soul, change of any kind was particularly difficult for the earthen healer. Her opinions on matters would not be so easily swayed or molded towards the modern world. This created a great deal of frustration for her, but thus far she was managing with a great deal of patience and sighing. It worked for her. Somewhat.

The wolf-dog started to say something then stopped. She looked to him as though to encourage the boy to complete his thoughts, but it seemed he wished to go in an entirely different direction altogether. No matter. She could answer this question for him. "Never," she confirmed. "We wouldn't be Amazons if there was ever a true king. A male on an Amazon throne would defeat the very purpose of our culture. It isn't done. Ever. Or we'd become something else entirely." A king would defy their very premise. A society of females for females. Males were there by necessity, not by choice.

All that considered, she was trying her very hardest to be amicable towards males. They frequently gave her reason to remember why females were the greater gender, but she was getting better about tolerating them. She was still bossy towards them. Her natural inclinations led her to be a bit of a know-it-all and with that territory came a self-assured sense of dominance towards everyone she met. It was both a blessing and a curse, but it was her burden to carry.

Their feet led them further. They were nearly at a summit now, but Citali had only a few more yards of elevation left in her. She was high enough for her liking and did not wish to travel the more precarious heights to get the entirety of the view. They could see plenty from where they stood now. Escaping the tree-line was truthfully the only thing that could make it any better. "As far and wide as the eye can see," she told him, "and then some." The world was a vast place. Whatever he was looking for, he was sure to find it if he traveled far enough.
Messages In This Thread
I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him - by Citali - September 08, 2015, 12:09 AM
RE: I don’t dislike him, I just don’t like him - by Citali - October 01, 2015, 01:20 PM