Phoenix Maplewood I know the bowline, sheepshank, and the double overhand
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Let's end this one on October 5th! You guys can decide with your posts whether we succeed or fail. :D
Edit: I'm going to extend this one to October 8th to give people a chance to reply. :)

Staying hidden was the hardest part. A shift in the wind could ruin any well-laid plan, but luckily for them, the weather favoured them today. There would be no errant breezes giving away the ambush, and as Reek and Citali broke cover to send the doe toward them at a full gallop, Saena felt sure they would succeed here. They were out of alternative options anyway.

Saena broke cover with a growl, her own signal to Nochtli, who was quickly alongside her. The pair zoomed toward their panicking target, who only just now realized the danger she was in. With a wolf approaching from the left, another from the right and two behind, the doe had few options. She faltered. That was enough for the two ambushing wolves to draw close, and then the lead bitch lost track of Nochtli in the chaos that always followed.

The doe, sensing she was in mortal peril, kicked out in an attempt to shake off her attackers and clear an opening for escape. Saena was for once nimble enough to avoid being struck, and when she was certain the doe was in a position to cause minimal harm, she dove in to chomp at her belly. The white-tailed deer managed to careen away from her before Saena could do any severe damage and she swore as she fell back to avoid a desperate swipe of a thick skull.

They had about thirty seconds now to do some serious damage before the doe would inevitably bolt, through them if she had to. Saena could only hope that Nochtli was able to land a fatal blow or that one of the two chasers was able to catch up and lend their teeth to the assault. Instead of going for the stomach again, the alpha dove for a front leg in an effort to hinder the deer's attempted escape so one of her comrades could rip open a wound that would bleed her to death.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I know the bowline, sheepshank, and the double overhand - by Saēna - October 01, 2015, 11:00 PM