Swiftcurrent Creek I love you will still sound the same
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
@Lecter I'm assuming Jinx came across Lecter's scent in the thread with Haunter and realized what happened or something, I still have to post to it though. Silvertip Mountain related!

The Creek's grounds were damp and muddy, but a lot of the snow had become slush and run-off, and straw-like grass could be spotted poking up in places. She wasn't a very sentimental beast, and didn't welcome spring with the same feverish excitement that other wolves did, but perhaps it was a result of her misfortune of late. If she thought to recall it, Jinx would remember a time when she had greeted the coming warmth with the tongue-lolling smiles of a foolish whelp, even in her adulthood.

Now, she was embittered by the season. Her children would have come into the world on this day, or the next, and she would have offered the living ones with fervent love to Sos. He would bless them all for the next year, and see them through their hard times. Atka would shine Her sun with praise and favour upon them. The Creek would have flourished, and the Kesuk with it. Instead, her babes had been delivered on the cold soil of a battleground, not one of them alive, and in her delirium she had driven away the only man to hold her affections.

Her distance from him may not have been warranted, since it was she who had caused the problem in the first place, but she felt it was at least deserved. Her wounds were still deep and pulled painfully against their scabs, and without Lecter tending them as he had before, they hurt more than they otherwise would have. But a sort of fear had held her back from seeking the shaman, fear that he would hate her for what she had become and hate her for what had happened to their brood. Never once did she stop to think whether he knew they were lost or not.

Today, however, she had risen with her bitterness fashioned into a dagger, which she stuck in her own heart. The cougar had come upon these flatlands, been engaged by their foolish and young leader... If not for that, these wrongs would not have been done. Any sane creature could reason that Jinx was scapegoating, but of course, the flawed Kesuk could not admit any fault. If it wasn't for Fox, none of this would have happened. The plains held the memory, so that anytime she crossed over the place where the cougar had been slain, she felt the pain of that day acutely, and retreated from the company of others. She was the Beta now, but could not think of this place with the same fondness she had prior to that fateful day, and the delirious encounter with Haunter thereafter.

It was with this bold thoughts in mind that Jinx put aside her fear and uncertainty and sought the shaman. She was not foolish enough to believe he would forgive her, but he was hers, and he would listen... On that, she bet everything. She could not know, did not suspect, that the feeling of guilt would pierce her so fully as to render her speechless when she did find him, nor that a more unfamiliar feeling would root her to the spot should he turn his nack... She felt only a burning need to run away, and knew she must take him with her.
Messages In This Thread
I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 06:08 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 27, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 27, 2014, 10:17 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 28, 2014, 11:09 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 29, 2014, 12:06 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 02, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - April 08, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 03:28 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - April 09, 2014, 05:43 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 10:34 PM