Horizon Ridge I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
A high pitched sound of mirth - a giggle Björn realized after a few seconds - had risen from Thistle and slipped into the air around them. It was not a sound he was accustomed to hearing and was not sure if he liked the noise, or not. “I know I am.” The Viking admitted, but did not make grand promises of trying to be an easier, more obedient patient. Even the medic of Odinn’s Cove had been frustrated by Björn’s lack of responsibility when it came to nursing his own wounds. Thistle seemed to feel the need to explain what had happened in that moment - something that he knew all too well. “I know the feeling, I have known and acted upon it many times,” Björn admitted softly, unashamed of his numerous wives and dalliances. “However, I also know that it never lasts. Lust is just lust, only heat of the moment.” He was sure she did not need him to lecture her about it but he was speaking for extremely personal experiences. “The way you say that,” Björn paused, the icy depths of his irises skimming over her body and lingering boldly upon her face. “Makes me think you are not so different from me, maiden.”

Which, depending on how she chose to look at it, might not have exactly been a compliment, despite that it was a subtle admittance of kinship, regardless.

“If it does not affect your abilities to heal the ill and injured then I do not see you as any less of a healer,” Björn told her with a lofty shrug of his broad shoulders, grimacing at the sickening feeling that he felt in his stomach and muzzle when the gesture tugged at the scabbed flesh and sinew. “I am curious though, out of every man you could have chosen why a man you didn’t know? Why a man who would never care for you or the children?” For all of his flaws if any of his wives would have ended up with children, Björn would not have dropped them for another in his desire for sons and daughters; and if he had known that he had been successful in impregnating Sif he would not have left Odinn’s Cove, and if Odinn himself had insisted, he would have brought her with him. Children could bind a pairing just as strongly as love could, he believed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me - by Ragnar - March 30, 2014, 07:18 AM