Mudminnow River Drifting Away
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
No no! The longer the better c:

Haven smiled sadly as Celeste said she was sorry. Thank you. She whispered through gritted teeth, memories from last nights dream swimming through her mind. She pushed them away as Celeste continued by telling about her home. She was glad that the black wolf seemed to change the subject, and she responded with a cheerful facade, Oh I really love this place. When I first came here from the North, I was lost too. It was all so different, well not exactly different, it just wasn't the same. She paused to laugh a little at her fumbling words, then went on.

I'm part of Jade Fern Grove pack, they were the first wolves I met when I first came here. They were very kind and open to me, they accepted me. I'm an Epsilon now! I just moved up in the ranks! Now I'm middle tier, though its only because those two other wolves abandoned us. I didn't get to know them well, but oh well. Any who its a very nice pack, we have our allies, and our enemies. I think this pack called Black Feather Woods is like our sworn enemy or something. I don't know. Celeste continued on her won about her birth pack, and Haven nodded. Well if you think it wasn't your destiny, than it probably wasn't! Always follow your heart, it'll take you places. She smiled kindly, nudging Celeste comfortingly. Celeste seemed a bit more restrained on touching, but Haven was all for it. She always thought a hug could be a great counselor.

Celeste seemed to be lost in her emotions. Hearing about her new friend's brother, could only make her think of Maja. They seemed to be similar in those regards, they both had a sibling who they left, but loved the most. The only difference was that Haven couldn't visit Maja, and she didn't even know if her beloved sister still lived. Well that's good! I'm sure your pack will be fine, your brother sounds like a strong and capable guy. That's when Celeste asked her about her family. Haven had a bit of reluctance towards opening all the way up to an almost stranger, but after hearing Celeste's story, she thought it only fair to tell her own.

I don't mind, thank you. The grey and white she-wolf sighed and long breath, and made a pained smile. She knew trying to talk about her family would be rather hard, but she would anyway. I miss it very much. I lived in a pack called Ivory Falls. We lived in this grove like forest, similar to the Grove I live in now, but it had one long river running through it that led to a large rocky drop into the river below. We lived above the drop, in the forest by the river. The waterfall was called Ivory Falls because in winter, the snow would build up around it and it would shimmer white, and sometimes even freeze over. It was beautiful. Haven stopped, her golden eyes glimmering with the beginnings of tears.

My pack wasn't the biggest. There was my mom and my dad, Sierra and Nevouku, the Alphas, I became Beta later on. Then my four siblings were in the middle tier, and in the lower tier, some stragglers would come and go, but there was always Vern. Vern was like big papa bear. He was Beta before me, and my fathers brother. But when we grew up, he stepped down because he was getting old and knew I would be a great Beta. My siblings were always my best friends. Aduin, and Ares were the boys, and Owl and Maja were the girls. But I was really close to Maja, kind of like your and your brother. I loved it there. So much. A tear fell from her eyes as she began to get chocked up.

Me and Maja used to catch butterflies in the meadow in spring, and one time one landed on my nose and Maja tried to swat at it and she gave me a nosebleed! I miss her so much. Haven couldn't take it anymore. Her last sentence had brought her to a stifled sob, and she couldn't talk anymore.

Talk about long posts xD
Messages In This Thread
Drifting Away - by Celeste - October 18, 2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Haven - October 18, 2015, 07:29 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Celeste - October 18, 2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Haven - October 18, 2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Celeste - October 18, 2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Haven - October 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
RE: Drifting Away - by Celeste - October 18, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Drifting Away - by Haven - October 19, 2015, 06:36 AM
RE: Drifting Away - by Celeste - October 19, 2015, 03:33 PM
RE: Drifting Away - by Haven - October 19, 2015, 05:41 PM