Silvertip Mountain Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The younger male was accepting of his comforting touch, and Steady moved a little closer and sat down on his haunches. Apparently, Steady had it a little wrong. No one had been kidnapped. The young wolf seemed to collapse at Steady's paws, blurting out the real problem. He was indeed heartbroken. It seemed his Dad, FitzDutiful, had "stolen" his crush. Which meant this was his nephew, Mason. Steady was a little taken aback at first, trying to catch up to the whole situation. While he was trying to figure out what to say, he felt a warm, slimy substance being wiped on his foreleg. His face crunched in disgust, but he quickly wiped that away before the young wolf could see. He's had worse on his fur, after all... Though, he couldn't remember when.

He lifted his other leg and placed it over Mason's shoulders, trying to comfort him. "Oh, now, Mason... Just because your Dad has a girlfriend, doesn't mean they won't want you. I know your Dad, he's my brother, and he would not let you go just because there is someone new in his life. He loves you," he told his nephew in a soft voice, trying to console him. "I'm so sorry he decided on a female you had your eyes on, but... Well, if you really like her, then you'll want her happy, won't you? No matter who she's with?" Steady, of course, was thinking with the mind of a mature, adult male. Not an adolescent who just had his heart broken.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers - by Steady - October 19, 2015, 05:03 PM