Silvertip Mountain Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's heart broke as his nephew's sobs continued. He wasn't quite sure what he could do for a broken heart, except offer soothing words. Even then, Steady knew from experience that only time could heal that. The young boy did agree that he wanted Zaria to be happy, but confessed he thought it would be with him. What could the Uncle say to that? Before he could think of anything, Mason asked if Steady would tell his Dad about this conversation.

Steady considered it for a moment, but tossed the idea aside. "No, Mason," he confirmed. "While I do think some things should not be withheld from a father about his son, I don't believe this is one of those things." As far as Steady could tell, Mason was not in danger of hurting himself, so he seen no reason to involve Fitz. "However," he continued. "You must promise that you won't act in haste... I understand your heart is broken, but your father does love and need you, whether he has Zaria or not. Please remember that," he pleaded. He hoped Mason kept that in mind during this dark time.

"Remember, too, that time will heal this wound. You will find someone who loves you just as much as you love them. And she will pick you," he said, his voice soft. Whether Mason believed it or not, Steady did.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers - by Steady - October 22, 2015, 06:24 PM