Swiftcurrent Creek hidden in the footnotes
<i></i>
199 Posts
Ooc —
"Aye," Bones replied in the tone of one eager to relay a fanciful tale, "it attacked Cap'n Fox." The youth didn't know that the Alpha female had actually instigated the fight; when she'd arrived on the scene, she'd interpreted the situation as described to Bazi presently. "Aye, there were a few wounds, though none too dire..." She trailed off uncertainly, thinking of Jinx's lost litter. "Jinx—pretty sure that's her name—lost her sprogs in the middle of it," she added, charcoal ears flattening as she relayed such terrible news. The young scalawag did not delight in this part of the story.

She didn't answer Bazi's other question directly, firstly because young Bones wasn't entirely sure of who else had been there—the battle had been confusing and everyone had fled almost directly after they'd collectively dispatched the big cat—and secondly because the query about Davy Jones's locker distracted her. Most wolves 'round these parts didn't seem overly familiar with her dialect, so the question didn't surprise her.

"Davy Jones's locker is at the bottom of the sea. That's where you toss the bodies of your enemies. I think it'd work in a creek too," Bones added, pastel green eyes skirting sideways for a moment, then back to Bazi. "That cat deserves a watery grave, where it'll be nibbled by fishes!" she said with sudden vehemence. "It hurt Cap'n Fox and First Mate Jinx and..." She trailed off again, shaking her head and shooting the cat's remains a quick glare.

But when she looked back at Bazi yet again, her expression was pleasant. "Wanna help me dump what's left into the creek? It'll be smelly and gross!" Bones said this as a sort of warning but there was a gleeful note in her voice, as if the juvenile wasn't at all deterred by the thought of doing such dirty work.
Messages In This Thread
hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - March 26, 2014, 02:51 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bones - March 30, 2014, 09:30 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - March 31, 2014, 03:21 AM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bones - March 31, 2014, 10:25 AM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - March 31, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bones - April 01, 2014, 06:22 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - April 02, 2014, 12:55 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bones - April 03, 2014, 01:17 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - April 04, 2014, 05:05 AM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bones - April 04, 2014, 02:44 PM
RE: hidden in the footnotes - by Bazi - April 04, 2014, 05:25 PM