Sing to the stars, they always listen though they never hear
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Ah! She might not have seen, Kat's been on holiday. :) I'll position this just before my ongoing Fox thread, timeline-wise.

Oh, to sing! There was nothing quite like threading disparate howls into a symphony, and this time was no exception. Though she didn't know the tune, Ferdie accommodated her voice into the mix and the tune evolved into something unique and new. Bazi carried the final note a good ten seconds after her co-star had stopped, to thrilled by the unexpected opportunity to sing to stop now.

"Bazi," she eventually replied, breathless and grinning. Blood pounded in her ears, and when she pushed that little carcass towards Ferdie it was not because she had hear his tummy rumble, but an unprompted desire to share. "Want a leg - or more? I've been eating my fill of fish lately, but it isn't very filling, and there are so many bones." Lecter's prescription had just about run out, and Bazi figured there was no harm in snacking on something gamey and lean. "Not long - a few days. I've been to Horizon Ridge and back in that time, and dragged that cougar corpse into the river with Bones. What about you? Were you involved in that? I can't quite believe that a cougar would attack on claimed turf, can you?" Words were bubbling out of her faster than the Creek flowed, and it was all she could manage to channel the energy into ferocious tail-wagging to give Ferdie a chance to absorb the social onslaught.