Moonspear words are weapons
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Apparently, not well enough, Tevinter thought, yet he stilled his tongue. He was taken aback when Charon spat the insulting words at him, ears lowering back as they hit him like a tidal wave before he found his figurative footing and puffed his chest in indigence. He was the petty, insolent child here?  Perhaps it had not been right of him to accuse when he didn't know, yet that was also his line of defense. He hadn't know because, obviously, they had not found him. “Clearly not all of them,” Because he could call himself Scimitar and Bazi's son but he was a true Ragnarsson at heart. It was not something he could turn off with the switch of a name. “Do you even hear yourself? Steal me from you? They didn't take me from the borders, they found me starving and took me in,” Some older brother he had. Some Alpha, who to Tevinter was acting more like an insolent child then the one he accused Tevinter of being. “I was a child. Two months old, alone and scared. They found me and sheltered me when they could have left me to die.” Yet, Tevinter felt like he was wasting his breath, like his defense would only be twisted into what Charon, clearly, wanted to hear.

“They didn't know anything! They didn't know where I came from and I couldn't even give them a name,” He'd only been two months old — he was lucky he'd even managed to stay alive during the time between washing up on the shore and Scimitar finding him. “Bazi wanted to try to find you, to take me back,” It had been Bazi that had been the most against it at first. “but I was so afraid of the bear.” that he hadn't wanted to go back. To not feel safe within his own home? That was no home at all. He was fuming inside, a thousand things he could have, and wanted so desperately to throw his older brother's way but he held his tongue. Silence would be his greatest weapon here, even if Charon was being entirely ungrateful to the wolves that had saved Tevinter's life. “I was wrong to assume that you did not look for me,” Pride was always the hardest sin to swallow, and it fought the entire way. In the end though: they were both making assumptions about things they didn't know. “I only knew that no one had came for me; and I had waited for a time. Scimitar and Bazi are good wolves, that had my limited knowledge to go off of. Even if Bazi would have ignored my waking nightmare of the bear, there is no guarantee she'd have found you.”

It was fair, even if Tevinter took personal offense to Charon's insult towards the Frostfur's. Wolves that were good and his family too. Blood had nothing to do with it; and if Tevinter was aware of Charon's own adoption he might have turned those things against him. You?” Last Tevinter had been aware his mother had been the one in charge, though truly it had been the scarred man he looked so much like that had led. The Viking. So, what had happened to their mother? He did not remember her being the type to take orders (at least she had always given him right back what he'd dished out to her). “I don't know what you want me to say. I've changed. The bear changed me. I'm not asking you to take me back, I'm not asking you to even accept who I became.” Because if this was how it was going to be Tevinter didn't want to return. He would not take the brunt of Charon's petty and insolent attitude simply because he was Alpha and older. Tevinter'd never been good with authority even when he was younger and apparently this rang true still.

Tevinter spared a look at his twin then, taking in a deep breath and letting it out in a soft exhale, wincing slightly as the movement of sinew over his muzzle pulled at the wounds. He hadn't known they'd relocated (still wasn't sure he knew his way back to Stavanger Bay) but he realized his mistake now. “I was just trying to earn my outrider trade.” He hadn't expected an extremely sour family reunion. “I'm sorry Floki, for everything. You're still my other half, though. Nothing really feels right without you.” The empty feeling, like something vital had been missing had grown numb, so used to feeling it as Tevinter had been. It felt full now, if not without it's complications. Yet, Tevinter had felt that he had to communicate it. Because he could change his name to match his personality change, his cusp of adulthood Floki was still and would always be his twin and in a way Tevinter would always need him. Charon's presence wasn't forgotten, but Tevinter had felt like his twin needed addressed too.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
words are weapons - by Kjalarr - November 08, 2015, 06:25 AM
RE: words are weapons - by Floki - November 08, 2015, 02:48 PM
RE: words are weapons - by Charon - November 08, 2015, 03:03 PM
RE: words are weapons - by Kjalarr - November 08, 2015, 03:09 PM
RE: words are weapons - by Floki - November 08, 2015, 05:31 PM