You'd give your life you'd sell your soul
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Yes, it was true that Osprey was closer to Peregrine than to the rest of her family. That they shared secrets others had no knowledge of, that for up until lately she had been the center of his world as well as he had been hers. He was her best friend and kindred spirit in many ways. But that didn't mean that she had knowingly shut out other members of the family out of her life. The relationships with them were simply different, but not of any less value to her. She got on well with Peregrine, because he was ready to involve in every kind of adventure she came up with. She got on well with Crete, because he listened, he was consistent, one of the strong pillars that her world could lean on. She had got on well with Atticus, because they were closer on a spiritual level. They were all important to her missing only one of them meant as if a significant part of her life puzzle was missing.

So, why had Tyrannus wrong decisions had split them apart? Why all of a sudden there was this anger, resentment and hurt feelings, when they should have been happy and grateful to have each other again? As she lied there and held Atticus' gaze Osprey understood that she was tired of drama. She didn't want to be angry at him, she wanted to have him back. To be happy for this reunion, even if it was hard to get over the disappointment so quickly. Always and forever, family above all. It meant that you had to forgive. That no matter what happened, you had to stick together.

"Atticus, why the silent treatment?" she asked with a tinge of sadness in her voice. "I have been here for more over than two months - I have caught your scent now and then with Peregrine, Crete and even Hawkeye - but there hasn't been a single moment, when you would come by and say "hello"," this was not an accusation, rather a fact that reflected, how hurt she had been. "I mean, I understand that you had your reasons to be cross with Peregrine, but what did I ever do wrong?" she asked. "I haven't changed, I am the same old Osprey. I am your friend, I love you as a brother, by why do you make it so goddamn hard to do?"
Messages In This Thread
You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Osprey - March 27, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Osprey - April 03, 2014, 04:33 PM