Sheepeater Cliff My head is bloody but unbowed
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Yay! :D

He seemed to notice her, though he didn't say anything right away. When he did, her brow furrowed in confusion and her pale eyes panned to the right, spotting the gap in his path. "Don't—" The word leaped from her tongue unbidden, a surprised mutter that he wouldn't even hear. She watched very apprehensively as he broke into a gallop, heading directly toward the broken rockery. Shit, she thought to herself, tensing as he approached the small gulf. She couldn't help but flash back to her own clumsy attempt to make a leap on this cliff, which had resulted in a bloodied nose.

Trying not to picture the bloody mess that would result if this wolf didn't clear the jump, Koontz closed her eyes and waited. When she opened them three seconds later, her pinched lips loosened and she let out a long, low breath. The wolf had not only made the jump, he had done it in top form. He appeared to be proud of his accomplishment and even shouted down to her, asking her what she thought.

What did Koontz think? She thought he was crazy. Lucky too. She sort of wanted to scold him like a child, especially for putting her—just some random passerby—through that. At the same time, she was impressed despite herself, as well as a little envious of his skills. If he could navigate the cliffs like that, so quick and bold and sure of foot, then he was probably an incredible hunter.

"I'll give it a nine out of ten," she eventually called up to him, tail swaying. "I had to dock you at least a point for sheer stupidity." Despite the emphasis put on the word, her icy eyes lit up good-naturedly. "Are you part mountain goat?" she wondered and, already, she began to wonder if he was a free agent. The Dragonwatchers could probably use a wolf with skills like his.
Messages In This Thread
My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 01, 2013, 07:49 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Koontz - August 02, 2013, 10:27 AM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Koontz - August 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 05, 2013, 12:09 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Koontz - August 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 07, 2013, 09:45 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Koontz - August 08, 2013, 07:57 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Koontz - August 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
RE: My head is bloody but unbowed - by Two Face - August 12, 2013, 11:55 AM