Sing to the stars, they always listen though they never hear
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"You're sure?" Bazi was surprised - smaller game was hard to come by in this season, and bigger prey required greater numbers. The party line seemed to be that wolves hunted in twos or threes, or fed themselves from the creek. But Ferdie was insistent - he wasn't hungry, so the little scout stripped the skin from her kill with one smooth pull and nearly swallowed it whole. Whilst she ate, the older wolf placed his his arrival into the pack some time after the cougar attack, and she reasoned that they must have arrived at similar times.

"I suppose. Or maybe it was desperate after a long winter. It was pretty rotten when we got there - so disgusting." She placed one front leg out in front and rubbed her bloody muzzle against either side of the knee, leaving a reddish-brown streak. Red meat always left very obvious traces around her mouth, and Bazi was forced to lick and lick and lick at the fur around her nose and lips whilst trying to answer Ferdie's question. "I don't know. The ground's a bit too hard to dig, still, so I've been sleeping between a couple of big trees that are growing by the river. There's a boulder, a few bushes - I guess the soil must be good in that one spot. It make a cosy little nest. I thought I'd dig down under the roots when it gets warmer." She blinked, and suddenly realized why he might be asking. "Oh! There's room for two, of course. Maybe we could dig it out together, later on?"