Gyrfalcon's Keep My heart is a warrior
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
There were many assumptions at play here. The Kesuk didn't think long on it, since thinking about anything was not one of her strongest suits, but she did realize that overlooking possibilities beyond the obvious ones may be one of Xi'nuata's flaws. It was a strange observation that the maple woman made, for in Jinx's experience, a pack's territory smelled like the wolves upon it, not the other way around. How, then, could the pack's Beta lose the scent of the pack, when the pack also smelled like the Beta? But she spared it very little thought.

She didn't comment on it, either. It would be a waste of words to explain how scent worked, and it would be fraught with inaccuracies anyway, since Jinx was not intelligent enough to know, herself. Had she considered it longer, the paler wolf might have realized why Xi'nuata cared so much, but she drew no connection between her potential lone wolf status and her vulnerability. Arrogance swam in her bloodline, passed down through the ages, and dismissed any possible assault.

"You have forgotten wolves that scout under their leader's orders, and wolves that track herds along their routes for their leader's knowledge," Jinx informed coldly, aware that neither of these was the reason she herself was out here. Xi'nuata didn't know that, though, and the Kesuk would challenge her assumptions either way. "What purpose I have here is no business of yours," she stated in a clear attempt to tell the woman to get lost without outright insulting her.
Messages In This Thread
My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 06:55 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Xi'nuata - April 03, 2014, 07:54 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 04, 2014, 12:00 AM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Xi'nuata - April 04, 2014, 08:35 AM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 04, 2014, 01:32 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Xi'nuata - April 04, 2014, 02:54 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 04, 2014, 03:08 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Xi'nuata - April 04, 2014, 03:25 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 04, 2014, 03:42 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Xi'nuata - April 04, 2014, 04:04 PM
RE: My heart is a warrior - by Jinx - April 04, 2014, 04:17 PM