Nocturne Summit Can't deny my love
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Couldn't resist tossing a reply in here.  This'll probably be the only one from me.  :)

Her coming-of-age seemed to be a big deal in the pack and to her parents.  Raven supposed she should be excited, but she wasn't a very ambitious kid and had no big aspirations of gaining rank and proving herself over the other wolves in the pack.  She was content to be the quiet one in the background, although if she was honest with herself, she did think it'd be cool to not be considered a kid anymore.

Still...the idea that she was about to be an adult was just so weird.  It didn't seem like it fit her quite right.  She had always been just a pup -- how was she supposed to act now that she was a grown-up?  How do you even adult??

She was wandering near the boundaries of their packlands, in search of more plants she could stash in her collection.  She'd taken over Wifi's old hang-out spot at the badger den; she'd moved some of her sister's old clutter aside to make room for her dried herbs and plants so she could experiment with them and keep them saved for times of need.  She needed to beef up her supply though, and despite the fact that pickings were getting kind of slim this time of year, she was nevertheless hard at work.  When a familiar voice drifted across the crisp air, at first Raven didn't think anything of it -- she'd become so accustomed to hearing her sister's howl over the course of her young life.  

But then it dawned on her -- it was Wifi.  Suddenly, her heart leaped up into her throat and she stopped dead in her tracks, rooted on the spot.  Without even realizing it, her head turned toward the direction from which the howl had come and she felt an overwhelming urge to run as fast as she could toward Nocturne Summit.  But she was hesitant to leave the packlands on her own just yet.  Quivering slightly, she whined and gazed longingly toward the summer, almost imagining she could see a shimmering red jewel on its drab, earthy side.  She remained that way for several long minutes before she succumbed to the howl clawing its way from her chest and into her throat.  Her voice was sharp, dark, and somber, like the bird for which she was named, and the message it contained was simple but honest:

I miss you.
Messages In This Thread
Can't deny my love - by Wildfire - November 21, 2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Corvasa - November 22, 2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Corvasa - November 23, 2015, 09:56 PM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Wildfire - November 23, 2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Raven - November 26, 2015, 12:46 AM
RE: Can't deny my love - by Wildfire - December 18, 2015, 10:03 AM