You'd give your life you'd sell your soul
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey had not expected Atticus to get this angry and, frankly speaking, she had never seen him the way she did now. The fact that he hadn't know she had been here all this time hadn't occurred to her, because it was so obvious. How could you not notice a new packmate? She could understand, if Crete hadn't said a single word, because - well - he could not, but what about Peregrine? In all his conversations behind the scenes with Atticus - it was impossible that he wouldn't have mentioned anything. He wouldn't be like that - maybe it hadn't occurred to him either. Stating the obvious...

When she looked at the situation from that perspective all of the pain and hurt seemed unneccessary and confusing. She cringed away, as if trying to shelter herself from the angry accusations, which weren't fair. It had begun the wrong way and, if she didn't find out a way to change it, she would end up in the same pit her brother had been before. After waging all her prospects (it didn't take that long to do it) she decided that it was not worth going down that way. Better start it over.

She lifted her muzzle up, drew in a deep breath, exhaled and looked her brother in the eyes. "This won't go well," she said quietly. "Let's begin again." As a creative kid she had been very keen on playing out some of her favorite fairy tales. Those, who she convinced to play the game, would be bossed around of what and how to do, where to stand and, what to say, what intonation to use etc. Now... it was easier to imagine that this was just another play, a scene that hadn't worked out. So... you rewound and did it again.

"Imagine you standing there, me lying here. You say "hello", I open my eyes and I say - "How very nice to see you!"," she closed her eyes, as she spoke, replaying the situation in her mind, all the while wishing that it would be easier to take back the angry words she had said. "Imagine that this didn't happen and... I am very sorry for misjudging you," Osprey finished now looking Atticus in the eyes again. "Will you forgive me?"
Messages In This Thread
You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Osprey - March 27, 2014, 04:30 PM
RE: You'd give your life you'd sell your soul - by Osprey - April 07, 2014, 04:11 PM