Moonspear the wild hunt
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
So on account of it being the week of Christmas I'm not going to set a deadline on this round b/c I know it's probably going to be pretty busy for those that celebrate it so just reply whenever you can and once everyone has responded I'll post again starting the third round. c:

The turnout was far better than what Tev could have ever expected it to have been, especially considering that, typically only Alpha's and Hunters got the privilege of leading a pack hunt. Tev had been expecting maybe two or three wolves but in the end eight had appeared, nine if he included himself in the numbers. That was ...most of the pack. For a moment unease settled over him as his gaze touched each adult that had gathered, including both of the Moonspear's alphas wondering if they would attempt to take the position of hunt leader from him because he was not an alpha or a hunter, or even an adult. Determination stole across his expression sharply in the next few seconds, for he wouldn't let them take it from him. It was his hunt and for his own devices, despite that the elk would serve as anonymous gifts to them later on in honor of Oðinn and Ragnar. “There's no herd to worry about, I suspect that it either got lost or decided to wander off on it's own,” Tev spoke to them, pausing as his gaze swept over the small mass that had came under his call. “but we'll still need to get it on the run. If it's running it will be too busy to try to impale one of us with it's antlers.” Which though was little more than a indefinable gray blob to Tev now, from one of the up close glimpses he'd gotten earlier was impressive.

“I have plans for it's meat, antlers and fur so the goal is to take it down without mangling it too bad,” Tev was vague but only because it was supposed to be a surprise. If an explanation was demanded then he would give one but he expected them to trust him (besides it wasn't as if he could eat a whole elk by himself anyway). “We should split into three groups of three, two groups will flank it and chase it on either side, try to go for it's hind right leg, it's already giving him a slight limp so it might be enough to cripple it, keep it on the move until it's down and the last group of three can go in for the kill.” His plan was set and sounded easy enough. If they worked together well he didn't see why the hunt had to drag out too long. “I don't know many of you well enough to determine which group you'd be best suited to so I trust you to make the best decision based on your own personal skill levels,” It was true and better that they assess themselves given that he didn't even know most of their names. “I will go in whichever group needs me, in the end. I don't care who makes the kill, it doesn't have to be me.” It might have been his hunt but he wasn't overly fussed with who brought it down. He wasn't that selfish (as surprising as that was).

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
the wild hunt - by Kjalarr - December 12, 2015, 07:21 AM
RE: the wild hunt - by Amekaze - December 13, 2015, 06:48 AM
RE: the wild hunt - by Charon - December 13, 2015, 06:58 AM
RE: the wild hunt - by Dash - December 13, 2015, 02:14 PM
RE: the wild hunt - by Horcrux - December 13, 2015, 02:22 PM