Swiftcurrent Creek and now what?
125 Posts
Ooc — Van
From the corner of his eye he saw her move, get up and then come nearer into his peripheral. He wasn't afraid of her, as dainty as she was, but her scent still bothered him—tickling a memory he didn't know he had—and the muscles in his shoulder twitched, making his dark fur shimmer briefly. This was the only sign of his wariness, as his expression didn't change and he didn't look back at her, not even when she spoke.

"I imagine she had something to do with it," he grumbled, sliding down to his elbows and onto his stomach even though she had just come to stand. Laying down didn't make his feel more relaxed, but it certainly gave off the illusion and right now he was eager to forget his inhibitions about the dirty lamb he had been stalking. "I told her I didn't want to marry the girl she had chosen for me and I simply woke up the next day without it. No trace of it or pain, really."

Haunter's already lopsided head cocked towards the newcomer now, and he shrugged. "I listened to her after that. Hence, why I still have one ear." He was lying, though because his tone of voice nor expression ever changed, it would've been difficult to detect as such no matter how implausible the story sounded. In fact, the real event had been excruciating for weeks and his lack of care for the wound had almost led it to fester, hence its rough edges.
Messages In This Thread
and now what? - by Bazi - March 25, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: and now what? - by Haunter - April 06, 2014, 10:00 AM
RE: and now what? - by Bazi - April 06, 2014, 03:49 PM
RE: and now what? - by Haunter - April 06, 2014, 06:53 PM
RE: and now what? - by Bazi - April 07, 2014, 04:34 AM
RE: and now what? - by Haunter - April 09, 2014, 12:45 AM
RE: and now what? - by Bazi - April 09, 2014, 01:36 PM
RE: and now what? - by Haunter - April 09, 2014, 02:26 PM
RE: and now what? - by Bazi - April 10, 2014, 07:04 AM
RE: and now what? - by Haunter - April 10, 2014, 11:23 AM
RE: and now what? - by Bazi - April 10, 2014, 12:38 PM