Swiftcurrent Creek I love you will still sound the same
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Though his words seemed to yield to her, there was a thin barrier erected between them by the frigidity of his gaze. She dared not cross it, though her heart tugged toward him and yearned to be in his immediate proximity. She could not bring herself to defy him in this moment. He was still her mentor, and she still remembered the way she'd shied away from him as a young child, frightened of his icy stare and his peculiar ways.

She felt like that child again, though the words she uttered next were far from shy and uncertain. "I do not mean to stay here," she announced, tilting back her ears lest he argue against this decision. "They are gone." Jinx was likely mistaken in assuming Lecter would know what she was talking about, but she put a lot of faith in his intelligence, and felt no need to explain further. "Fox has not indicated that she cares about the sacrifice I made on her behalf. I cannot be her second any longer while her manner is so unappreciative. And our neighbours are unruly and arrogant, and I do not see her acting to put them in their place, though it is beneath us." Fox being unappreciative and inactive was completely untrue, and Jinx knew it, but the wounds were too fresh and still stung. Shearwater Bay would have marched to war on Northstar Vale or at least given a show of strength for their "diplomatic" visit, but Swiftcurrent so far had done nothing, save for the individuals who rose up of their own accord.

"I will find land elsewhere, nearer to the sea. Come with me," she implored, knowing that Lethe was no longer here to hold him down. Clarice had gone off into the wilderness, carrying this man's child (unbeknownst to her), leaving poor Lecter with none but Jinx to tie him to the old ways. She had forgotten them from time to time, but felt now more than ever she had to step into her mambo shoes and be the Shearwater wolf she knew the shaman needed... Even if he felt otherwise.
Messages In This Thread
I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 06:08 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 27, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 27, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 27, 2014, 10:17 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - March 28, 2014, 11:09 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - March 29, 2014, 12:06 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 02, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - April 08, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 03:28 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Lecter - April 09, 2014, 05:43 PM
RE: I love you will still sound the same - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 10:34 PM