Whitefish River Summer dress
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
"I see," breathed Jinx, who could not imagine reptilian creatures much larger than the little lizards that hung around the hot springs. Giant lizards with wings and spikes would have been terrifying and monstrous. The Kesuk thought they would also make wonderful gargoyles, but suspected wolves would have more trouble than just trespassers to deal with if dragons existed. Despite the almost humorous way Bagheera spoke of them, Jinx was too busy thinking how troublesome dragons would be to find amusement in it.

Bagheera went on to explain a little more about himself, this time without the involvement of dragons. She picked up on the similarity of their past, just like he had, though of course she was a little slower to do so. Jinx let him finish without interrupting, though began her follow-up with, "what made you leave this Splintered Spine? Did their needs no longer coincide with yours?" Some insight into what he was after would be useful to Jinx, for more reasons than one. Though it wasn't in her nature to be altruistic, at times she would lend her aid to others, particularly those who seemed worthy of respect and often as part of a bargain.

"I am sorry you lost," she said, subscribing fully to wolf law and therefore not necessarily of the opinion that the stronger wolf of a pair might not make the best leader. Where she came from, the strongest wolf was always the most superior. Even though this brother Bagheera spoke of was the better leader in Jinx's idea of the world, she still knew how it felt to be second best, and could sympathize. She couldn't sympathize with exile, although Kaskae surely would have exiled her if she had done as Bagheera had with his brother. Exile was as foreign a concept to Jinx as dragons and mercenaries, though she knew it happened frequently. Shearwater Bay had not exiled anyone, and even Akhlut had not exiled her from Horizon Ridge when she attempted to usurp his throne.

"I knew my sister would kick my ass. I was a lot skinnier then." This was said with a wry grin. She had beefed up a lot, though most of it was because of her terminated pregnancy. "Thought I'd save my hide the inevitable beating by not fighting for it. Not the most honourable choice, I admit."
Messages In This Thread
Summer dress - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 04, 2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 05, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 07, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 07, 2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 09, 2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 09, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Summer dress - by Bagheera - April 16, 2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Summer dress - by Jinx - April 16, 2014, 03:42 PM