Greatwater Lake I was afraid of getting betrayed
2 Posts
Ooc —
Hope you don't mind me & 'Taar. ;p

Sahrotaar had an adventurous soul by nature, and he wasn't truly contended unless he was exploring and traveling. This made him a good candidate for the Scout trade which was why he'd pursued it back in Starlit Cove. Sneaking out had been Sahrotaar's particular forte as a child and had earned him plenty of scoldings from Marlee. Finley had usually taken the role of “good cop” pulling him aside and trying to encourage him to ask permission before he snuck out of the den or pack lands; but following rules and regulations hadn't been what Sahrotaar was best at. The restrictions and rules, while Sahrotaar understood were in place for his and his sibling's own safety, they made him feel like he was suffocating. Or like a caged birds whose wings had been clipped. He was an attraction but unable to live the life of freedom he'd been born for. His departure from Startlit Cove had been selfish but he had taken to flight as soon as the opportunity presented itself to him.

Sahrotaar had allowed his golden gaze to roam the massive lake from his perch from afar on Spotted Eagle Mountain a few days prior and when he'd finished exploring the reaching peaks, the territory shared with him with the avians it was named for, he'd decided to venture towards the lake following the assumption that perhaps he might find himself lucky enough to stumble across a herd. He couldn't take down an adult by himself, lest it was an elder, but there might be a chance to steal one of their young. Perhaps it should have bothered him, singling out the young but he didn't have a pack and his survival wasn't as guaranteed on his own. 

Logically, he should be seeking a pack out to ride out the winter but at the same time he was hesitant. He doubted any pack out there would put up with him simply because he didn't handle rules well. That in and of itself was bound to have him turned away for what alpha wanted to deal with that? Marlee had because he'd been her son but Sahrotaar could tell that his constant rebellion had begun to wear her down. He just ...couldn't. He didn't handle being caged well, never had and likely never would and it wasn't fair to ask a pack to put up with that just as it wasn't particularly fair for them to put those kinds of chains upon him.

His thought process was interrupted by the scent of another — a male, and a pack at that. For a moment, he paused and reassessed the scents of Greatwater Lake, reassuring himself that it was, indeed, an unclaimed territory. Golden gaze found the ivory colored yearling soon enough and a soft chuff broke through the crisp air towards the youngin' announcing his presence as to avoid unnecessary hostility that Sahrotaar wasn't in the mood for.
Messages In This Thread
I was afraid of getting betrayed - by Xan - November 28, 2015, 03:56 AM
RE: I was afraid of getting betrayed - by Sahrotaar - January 02, 2016, 09:25 AM
RE: I was afraid of getting betrayed - by Xan - January 09, 2016, 04:21 PM