Horizon Ridge I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I guess I'm going to start phasing in his real name because I personally like it better than Björn anyway. xD

The young girl’s gasp was a startled sound, and her words held the undercurrents of anger directed at him that made the Viking’s lip curl back ever so slightly in a warning. He did not have to explain his decisions to her, neither did she have any real right to judge him. He came from a vastly different culture than her and he had done what he had believed to be right; though in truth his right and wrong seemed to differ from most others. “Because it was her body and therefore her fault,” The last word was softer than the others, somehow making it more deadlier than if he had hissed or even snarled it. “I don’t see why you’re getting so angry with me about. What does it mean to you? It’s not as if it’s something you ever have to worry about.” His anger was seething close to the surface now, but his demeanor did not change, his voice never raised. In truth, other than the stormy look in his eyes there was no real indication that he was cross with her, currently. He even managed a slow big-as-you-please smirk as was his custom when his wrath was burning through him like a fire consuming a pyre.

“Enlighten me mær what exactly you think her punishment was,” Ragnar had a distinct feeling that she was assuming something he did not do. “It wasn’t even a punishment, really,” He dismissed with a flippant flick of his tail. “I sent her as a gift to the neighboring pack’s alpha male. She is happier over there,” It was an assumption of course because Ragnar didn’t know. For all he was aware the neighboring pack’s Alpha male could have killed her when he figured out she was infertile. Thistle didn’t need to know that and Ragnar was cautious now, not wanting her to ruin his chances for the Beta rank because of her anger at him now. “She was not fit to be a Viking.” It was not cruel to him because it was simply the truth. He had shown her a kindness, in truth, by sparing her life, by taking her out of the pack that she did not truly belong in.

“I am hiding from nothing,” He partially lied because while he was trying to keep Sveinn from realizing he was in the Teekon Wilds Ragnar could not say that he was hiding from the boy. “Some of my younger wolves were drawn by their respective Gods to Teekon Wilds to carry out their orders. I feared if they caught wind of my presence here they would abandon their missions to join up with me.” Which was, more or less, the truth of it. “The Gods are not to be disobeyed and they need to learn to overcome the obstacles instead of cowering back to what is safe.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me - by Ragnar - April 11, 2014, 08:33 AM