Silvertip Mountain A home built of stone.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
For a time Njal was concerned, but he did not voice his concern. A part of him didn't understand why he was suddenly apprehensive about being here with Jinx, only that he felt out of place. He listened to the woman speak and was surprised again, but this time by her description of the Vale wolves. He latched upon that, and naturally dismissed his misgivings for another time - saving Jinx for the time being from any sort of interrogation.

To think that the Vale were so greedy, so maniacal, did not sit with Njal at all. He had known Xi'nuata briefly and she was unspoiled. The warden spent too much time on the borders of the creek though, and only knew of the rising trouble with the mountain pack through the grapevine. This information that Jinx now claimed as truth made his spine bristle slightly; he still considered the Vale to be an enemy by proximity, but not Xi'nuata. And she was the only bitch that Njal could think of when the white woman spoke.

"...I do not like the prospect of having to fight stinking, self-righteous curs off every meal." Jinx commented with a swift vehemence, and the rest of her words fell away from his attention.

"I do not believe you." The man was blunt and bold now, but he remembered his place - ears flicking back with a subtle apology for the outburst. Jinx was still his superior after all. "Xi'nuata is an honourable woman, and I expect her family to be the same." He did not want to expose his dealings with her to Jinx, fearing it would return to Fox and once again cost him his place in the pack. It wouldn't be just Njal that would be punished, but Tuwawi and their family.

This was an immediate threat, and it prompted the man to reconsider his placement here upon the mountain. Njal showed a sudden disinterest in the conversation, turning from the Beta and swaggering a few steps to peer over a nearby ledge, contemplating his departure. He couldn't just leave though, after that comment. "If she made such threats they would be idle ones, I am sure. She only means to protect what she has, which is what we all want." He cast a careful look upon the sharp-eyed girl but made sure to defer to her with a flick of his eyes, trailing her limbs to the point of her black toes.

Messages In This Thread
A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 07, 2014, 02:32 AM
RE: A home built of stone. - by Jinx - April 07, 2014, 01:13 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 07, 2014, 01:26 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by Jinx - April 07, 2014, 02:03 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 07, 2014, 02:34 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by Jinx - April 11, 2014, 11:38 AM
RE: A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 11, 2014, 12:00 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by Jinx - April 11, 2014, 12:43 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 11, 2014, 01:46 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by Jinx - April 11, 2014, 02:09 PM
RE: A home built of stone. - by RIP Njal - April 11, 2014, 02:19 PM